Diane Turner
A
That day in Manhattan 22 years ago is seared into my brain terrifying moment by moment.

I took this shot from the Jersey Marina across the Hudson where the blue 9/11 memorial lights reach to the heavens and mimic the #shape of The Towers where they once stood.
#DailyPictureTheme
@DailyPictureTheme
08:00 PM - Sep 10, 2023 (Edited)
Ves Lee
A
In response to Diane Turner.
Yes DT I will never forget that day my sister had meeting that was rescheduled later in the day a co worker was working on the third floor . I was on 5 Ave.
10:47 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Ves Lee.
All over the place. Right? So hard tracking people down with cell service intermittant, Many of us managed to make our way to our neighbor
r hood hang where we just watched in shock. Friends arrived covered in dust from walking from Trade Center all the way uptown,
10:53 PM - Sep 10, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Diane Turner
A
In response to GARY ROWE.
A thanks Gary!
10:35 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Curly Girly
A
The world stopped and mourned that day, even here in Trinidad and Tobago. I think mankind changed.
08:14 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Curly Girly.
Curly… NYC felt the world with us. It was powerful and moving.

Sadly others who weren’t there used the attack to perpetuate bigotry and isolationism. But that was never NYorkers,

Thank you Trinidad & Tobago.
10:37 PM - Sep 10, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Diane Turner
A
In response to GARY ROWE.
Were you in Manhattan back then? I was late for an early morning appointment and called to let them know, They said don’t come- tower had been hit. Spent whole day tracking friends down to meet together. Cell phones weren’t working. It took a few days for us to know who we had lost.😢
08:16 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Tracy I
A
🙏
08:02 PM - Sep 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}