Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/11
In the first part of this three-part series, we explored the role of the media in shaping perceptions during the 2016 election and how the reckless coverage allowed Trump to win. This thread will focus on the 2024 election coverage and how we are witnessing a repeat of journalistic malpractice.
12:23 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/11
You may have seen polls indicating a dip in support for Biden and journalists raising questions about his ability to run. There is no evidence to suggest any decline in his mental capabilities or that his health or age hinders his ability to perform his duties. It's a media-driven narrative.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/11
Remember in 2016 when Hillary Clinton had a minor medical incident, and the media suggested she was unhealthy and the Democrats should replace her before it was too late? It's seven years later, and Hillary Clinton is still alive and well. But at the time, the media had Hillary on her deathbed.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/11
Biden's age is a nonissue. Should anything happen to him while in office, we have systems in place to ensure a smooth transition. There will not be a constitutional crisis, the country will not be in chaos, and the world will not end. Eight US presidents died while in office; we are not new to this.
12:24 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/11
Even though Franklin D. Roosevelt faced significant health challenges, nobody ever told him to "sit this one out." The true difference today is that we have a Black female vice president. Pundits and journalists are attempting to mask their racism and misogynoir with questions about Biden's health.
12:24 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 6/11
David Ignatius' latest opinion piece is an example of a journalist using Biden's non-existent health condition and ageism to raise questions about VP Harris, who has decades of experience. Biden and Harris' accomplishments will take a back seat to a media-driven narrative meant to influence voters.
12:25 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 7/11
Voters will be inundated with polls suggesting Biden is unpopular and a much closer race. Pundits will ask questions like "Why isn't Biden more popular?" and "Why isn't Biden doing much better in the polls?" They will use these polls to raise questions about Biden and Harris' reelection prospects.
12:25 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 8/11
There is no poll available that can accurately predict an election outcome 419 days in advance, especially considering the unpredictable nature of polls in recent years. There is zero evidence to suggest that Trump has made notable inroads with Black voters, young voters, and Independents.
12:26 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 9/11
There is also no evidence that Biden's base is weakening or he is losing support among the voters who put him in office in the first place. The question, "Can Biden beat Trump?" is being spun by the same people who said Democrats were in trouble in 2022 and a red wave was coming. They were wrong.
12:26 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 10/11
They have been wrong in every recent election cycle, yet they continue to cite the same polls using the same flawed methodologies. At this point, it is either willful ignorance or a calculated strategy. It's disingenuous to rebuke polls on election night but then return to citing the same polls.
12:32 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 11/11
On Friday, I will release the third and final part of this 3-part series focusing on my 2024 forecasts. Watch this space...
12:33 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Alexsandra Stewart
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Excellent thread. Thanks so much.
02:25 AM - Sep 25, 2023
Dave
A
I hate that the media has turned into BuzzFeed. “Eight reasons Biden can’t run for president. Number four will surprise you.”
10:50 AM - Sep 14, 2023
BTSdaily7 (sporadic;)
A
Also polls are very carefully worded and ordered to lead to answers intended and to leave many lingering thoughts the person may never have even had. “how worried are you (Biden question)” “ARE you WORSE off now WERE you BETTER off”

And we aren’t even at the white man in a diner part of the cycle
06:01 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Kat Schneider
A
It's important to vote like our lives depend upon it.
Because it does!
We need to vote in numbers too large to question!
01:35 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Tracy I
A
Well said! We all see it but how do we keep it from infecting the minds of “the average voter”?
12:28 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Pamela Gee
A
In response to Tracy I.
We keep shining a light on the garbage and it's long history of false narratives.
01:08 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
In response to Tracy I.
Putting Bidens message out loud & clear. Stop giving Trump & gop any air. Don't repost their BS ever. Boost Biden & take the air away from msm & gop.
01:32 PM - Sep 13, 2023 (Edited)
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}