Tara Strange
A
This effectively makes being trans in public a crime. Any authority that sees me (if I'm in Tennessee) and deems me performing a prurient act in public can charge me with a felony and imprison me. I'm so glad I live in Nevada where these rights are constitutionally protected by state constitution.
06:43 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Carole R
A
In response to Tara Strange.
It’s heartbreaking to see this level of hatred & ignorance towards folks who harm no one and just want to live their lives. 💔 I pray that humans do better & so sorry that their growth is on the backs of suffering innocents bravely standing up for everyone’s freedom to be who they are. 💜🌹
01:23 PM - Dec 04, 2023
Dodi Davies
A
Stonewall 2.0 is inevitable if this keeps up.
09:41 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Jennifer Saxman
A
A. This is terrible news and I hope it is challenged in the courts immediately.
B. Trans and drag are two different things and the people writing these bills are ignorant bigots. (To state the obvious...)
09:11 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Matthew Clayton
A
In response to Jennifer Saxman.
The same folks writing these drag bans are the same white conservative men (and a few women) eagerly pushing these abortion bans in states like TN, MO, IN and so forth. It’s all about control & oppression.
11:47 PM - Feb 25, 2023 (Edited)
Dianne Rees
A
I work for an org that has places of business across the country. I've heard they're already decided to cancel a live pride event in TN for safety reasons.

It's disheartening, but we will not be erased, we will not be quiet.
01:40 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
Tennessee only cares about one right and it's not free speech.
01:38 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Tara K
A
The screams of 'groomers,' & 'protect the children' are making it too easy for the ignorant to turn a blind eye. Allies need to be very vocal pushing back against these lies at all costs. Lives are literally on the line
07:50 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
US Constitution as well (or so I'm quite confident--and Erin's spout suggests--IANAL).
07:22 PM - Feb 23, 2023 (Edited)
Sarah Neal
A
On top of that, there's already a law in TN making it a crime to do something obscene in front of a minor, with no restriction for what the person is wearing. So this bill is purely about hate and bigotry toward the LGBTQIA+ community.
07:22 PM - Feb 23, 2023
I Smoked Threads
A
I live in Nashville. My city is great. My state is a shit show
07:15 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Tara Strange
A
In response to I Smoked Threads.
I worry how this will effect your city's income at bars and other nightlife places as well. This could kill a lot of businesses.
07:34 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Lizzie
A
In response to I Smoked Threads.
Just North of Nashville and I agree.
09:00 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Kathleen Rupnow
A
MTG won't need a "national divorce" if these laws keep getting passed in red states.
07:14 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
It's important for allies to be ready and willing to put their bodies and in some cases their freedom on the like to defend our trans brothers and sisters. And to do everything we can to give power to those who will protect them. #NoSleepUntilEquality
07:06 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Tara Strange
A
In response to Bun the Franky.
I appreciate this. 🙏 I'm very fortunate outwardly. I don't get clocked in daily life and I live in a safe state. My dysphoria is another story altogether, but I'm extremely fortunate. My community is not though for the most part. I would stand between violence and my trans brothers and sisters.❤️
07:41 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
Really sad times we live in.
07:03 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Very scary especially since for trans people "prurient" to supporters of this law usually means existing
06:58 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Wyldepepper
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Breathing...heart beating. Yup.
07:01 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Kid_Prairie
A
But who would the Supreme Court side with, if it got there? I hesitate to think
06:52 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Jasmine DuBois
A
I hope this gets challenged in court.
06:50 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Jasmine DuBois
A
Adding Tennessee to the list of states I never want to visit.
06:49 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Jasmine DuBois
A
I hate this world.
06:48 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Tara Strange
A
And that's just if I'm seen and they clock me as trans. If they clock me as trans, then they can say that I'm crossdressing in a sexually suggestive way and charge me with a felony. I'd be on the sex offenders registry just for existing. No harm to anyone else. This needs to be destroyed in court!
06:46 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Birdsayma
A
What a backwoods hell hole.
06:45 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Stacy Kleymann
A
In response to Birdsayma.
Sadly there are a lot of backwoods hell holes.
05:54 PM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}