BDivine
A
thread 1/5
I'm inclined to not immediately assume people have ill intentions. To that end, because I am a woman of a certain age and experience, I am also inclined to sit back and let others with better experience in judging people's intentions lead in that regard.
08:32 AM - Sep 20, 2023
BDivine
A
thread 2/5
With regard to bad actors here on Spible, it has always worked out. So while I see the validity in some people's arguments that new people are coming here and voicing criticism, we shouldn't just assume they're bad, I give more weight to those whose suspicions are immediately rankled.
08:36 AM - Sep 20, 2023
BDivine
A
thread 3/5
Their ACTUAL experience outweighs the discomfort I or anyone else may feel at immediately assuming the negative about anyone's intentions. I watch and wait and without fail, those who say hey, this action has happened before, it has x characteristics, this action is in bad faith, are always right.
08:38 AM - Sep 20, 2023
BDivine
A
thread 4/5
They don't need the debate, they literally recognize it on a visceral level. The way I as a Black immigrant woman recognize when oppression occurs.
08:43 AM - Sep 20, 2023 (Edited)
BDivine
A
thread 5/5
Maybe it's because I am a Black woman that leads me to be able to let others who are better suited to judging intentions lead. Because I know their actions are rooted in experience, not just how they feel.
08:44 AM - Sep 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}