Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
Some people think I don't know what I am doing, but a lot of planning has gone into Spoutible. News feeds are an example of months of research to understand what users wanted. News outlets don't interact with users; they just post content. We realized we needed the content rather than the accounts.
04:01 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
Not only did we solve the news problem, but we did it better than everyone else, and we aren't finished yet. Some of you want us to have more media attention, but I would argue it is good we have flown under the wire for this long. We have had months to fix the issues with Spoutible and improve it.
04:03 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
First impressions matter; if we had media attention in February, we would've lost users who wouldn't have returned. This is what happened to Threads. They were not ready for prime time, and many of their users were unhappy and moved on. Have patience; slow and steady will win the race.
04:04 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Marilu Dempsey
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Thank you!
12:33 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Iz Here
A
I trust the person who designed, built, & drove this platform to success & have no use for Monday-morning or armchair quarterbacks, no matter their background in the field. @cbouzy has been driving this bus just fine & anyone who thinks they can do better can build their own. Nobody's stopping them.
08:14 AM - Sep 21, 2023
nemo nusquam
A
By extension, would it be possible to include any RSS feed into Spoutible?
In the early years of Twitter there were RSS->Twitter bots to do something similar, and the ability to retweet and comment on such feeds was great. #featurewishlist
03:54 AM - Sep 21, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
It has been a fun ride watching you build this site day by day.
08:46 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Maria OLeary
A
We’re here to stay every step of the way! Can’t have it any better anywhere else! Spoutible is 🔥
05:52 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
I am so happy to be an early adopter. It makes it easier to see how consciously & thoughtfully you've implemented changes. I've worked in systems design & implementation phase can be a rocky road.
05:50 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Claudia Citro
A
I would think that 97% of us have complete faith in you @cbouzy

Most of us cannot comprehend the thought process of coming up with this, let alone implementation.

And where on earth? Did you get @April_Sparkles and. @danismashingit
Some unknown AI store?
05:49 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Jettyon Pyatt
A
In response to Claudia Citro.
Yessss,...
10:38 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Ellee Koss
A
In response to Claudia Citro.
I want to know also. I too have suspicions. I throughly enjoy their input!
01:03 AM - Sep 21, 2023
Jen Bouquot
A
Hands down my favorite social media platform and only one I’m on daily! ☺️
05:49 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Darryl Adams
A
Getting less US centric news (if you can do it without hitting the link laws that countries like Australia and Canada have implemented) would be great. Unfortunately US politics does affect all of us, but most of the US media is very insular. BBC, ABC Aus, Guardian would be nice additions
05:44 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Darryl Adams
A
In response to Darryl Adams.
Sorry, did not see Guardian was an option, but it would be good to see if it is the US, UK or Aus edition or if it is a global stream
05:48 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Jettyon Pyatt
A
In response to Darryl Adams.
Al Jazeera is on here, right?🤔
10:41 PM - Sep 20, 2023
MaggieMae
A
Just when I think Spoutible can’t get any better, you go and make it better! Amazing! Thank you for spoiling us! I love my Spoutible home and the podmates thereof! 🩵🐳🩵
05:40 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Phred
A
Does this mean it’s silly to ask questions and comment on a news article? Wait. Is it even possible? Me going to check right now…
05:24 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Andi Jones
A
In response to Phred.
It would be nice to be able to comment.
05:50 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Liz Adams
A
Exactly this is much better than the vapid accounts on other platforms of the media comms people. I want to see what the newspaper is publishing, not what their employees have to say about it. Especially the ones who can't write literately, yeah, looking at you, npr and wnyc.
05:04 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Blackity Black
A
These people are not serious. I cannot properly add effects to my picsArt photos.

I cannot imagine building what you have here. I don’t mind any growing pains because you’re so communicative. We’re here. Not going anywhere..
05:03 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Fiona Bski
A
It just keeps getting better and better! Thank you!
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
Turned my news categories back on. I love the ability to toggle between what I'm seeing, too.
04:50 PM - Sep 20, 2023 (Edited)
3kidsmom
A
I love love this site! Thank you❤️
If I could only find the news on my android🤷‍♀️
04:47 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Li Milla4
A
In response to 3kidsmom.
Hope this helps! 🙂💙
Liz Adams
A
In response to 3kidsmom.
If you turn off then on again, then go to your account settings, scroll down to the new News function, click there and you can choose the news outlets you want to follow. It's great. That turning off then on will probably also cause the news choices as shown by the other spouter, to appear.
05:08 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
@cbouzy , in the future as Spoutible’s News provider list grows, might there be a way to add local news outlets from across the country?
04:44 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
It's hard to create something entirely new, but that's what you're doing here.

This place is unique, starting with the ground rules. They set the tone for everything else.

LOVING the news updates (she said for the 80th time 😂) But I am.
04:40 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Terminator LX
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
Spoutible and @cbouzy really are outstanding! This is what I always expected the internet would be like when I grew up—a knowledge reference tool first and foremost but also a safe space to have good-natured fun.
04:57 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Niles403
A
The fact you let everyone walk the halls while you're working on the place is welllll beyond the patience of most business construction.
04:37 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Kathleen F789
A
You're doing great and we appreciate it, @cbouzy — don't let the naysayers or disruptive ones get to you.

GIF: Man in a blue t-shirt saying "You keep that up, alright!"
04:29 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Suzanne
B
You're doing GREAT!
04:25 PM - Sep 20, 2023
John Spink
A
Keep it up, please
04:17 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Peg Melchior
A
The news feed is an excellent feature. Thank you!
04:16 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Eve_Gadgets
A
This is such a brilliant approach. The individuals - reporters, bloggers, vloggers can still have their Spoutible accts
04:16 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Derek Croucher
A
Just amazing work, this is a great place!
04:13 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Stan Young
A
This is just a wonderful feature.
So happy to be here.
04:12 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
We respect you greatly and have witnessed your intellect and proferssionalism and creativity since the beginning, and we greatly appreciate you.
04:11 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Leroy Jenkins
A
And we would love to have them here if they want to create an account. Especially the nonprofit news organizations. 😊
04:11 PM - Sep 20, 2023 (Edited)
JayGo VOTE BLUE
A
Yes, when I go to other sites, I spend more time looking for the source than reading their take on it. I knew when I saw how serious you were with your "polling hobby" that you were going to do a great job with Spoutible. Serious and competent is a great combo.
04:06 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Spark Bibo
A
In response to JayGo VOTE BLUE.
Did you see pictures of his lightsaber that he 3d printed? It was fricken amazing. The detail. The shear amount of sanding and polishing. Put all my prints to shame.
04:10 PM - Sep 20, 2023
frog_enabler
A
Some people don't know enough to know that they have no idea what they are talking about. Based on the empirical evidence, you obviously know exactly what you are doing. Socrates was great at cornering people who are confident in their beliefs, to get them to say the opposite. It's exhausting.
04:05 PM - Sep 20, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}