Texpat Nutmegger
A
thread 1/5
Several network TV show’s are starting this week including #DancingWithTheStars , #BachelorInParadise , #TheGoldenBachelor , #TheMaskedSinger .
Not sure how to feel with the strikes still going on. Singer would have been mostly filmed before the strike but DWTS is a fully live production.
11:10 AM - Sep 23, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
thread 2/5
#TheBachelor franchise has been problematic for years and I’ve been down to watching ONLY Paradise for the last couple of years.
It is obviously pre-filmed but there’s a ton of editing done to drive whatever narrative production wants to push on specific people.
11:15 AM - Sep 23, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
thread 3/5
And there is no doubt that management and production gets rich off of exploiting people in the #BachelorFranchise . They definitely need to look at and fight for better compensation and editing control for #RealityTV “contestants”. While they aren’t #SAG members they need new rules for dealing…
11:18 AM - Sep 23, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
thread 4/5
With them because #RealityTV seems to be here for the long haul.
Not sure of my overall point since I haven’t had my coffee yet. I think it’s that I want to be able to watch #RealityTV but everyone up the food chain in those productions needs to be treated fairly instead of the stakeholders…
11:22 AM - Sep 23, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
thread 5/5
getting the lion’s share of everything and the contestants are left with almost nothing. On that front #AmericasGotTalent and #AmericanIdol are two of the worst offenders. They rocket certain people to fame overnight and then drop them for the next big thing before the next season. It’s terrible!
11:26 AM - Sep 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}