Deanna Fry
A
#SpoutibleNews Settlements for police misconduct lawsuits cost taxpayers from coast to coast

Cities can face hundreds of lawsuits related to police misconduct each year — and while the payouts vary wildly, settlements are almost always funded by taxpayers.
11:21 AM - Sep 23, 2023
Elisabeth Gleckler
A
In response to Deanna Fry.
There are individual and union economic incentives, you know.
06:04 PM - Sep 24, 2023
VotingMatters ⚖️.
A
Meanwhile police federations, fops, and all the police unions protect their officers and keep all the dues, when the dues should be paying out all the millions in lawsuits, not our tax dollars. Many would be fired and expelled and never be in that line of work again.
imo
12:00 PM - Sep 24, 2023
my name means God's grace
A
SUE THE UNION!!!
06:13 AM - Sep 24, 2023
Sheilah Hayden
A
In Minneapolis, the taxpayer money going to ACAB constitutional violations means that we replace the police chief, hire a new police chief, and the police union stays in place.
12:24 PM - Sep 23, 2023
Denise Greene
A
I think it’s time to require liability insurance, paid for by individuals insured. I have to have malpractice insurance so should they.
11:50 AM - Sep 23, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Denise Greene.
Read your city's contract w/local police union. Focus on the nearly limitless "qualified immunity" from any personal legal or financial responsibility for anything they do on the clock. Police unions are legal gangs & shake-down rackets to cities. They threaten any citizen who tries to change that.
12:34 PM - Sep 23, 2023
bk johnson
A
In response to Denise Greene.
Along with training standards, including in law. Very few cops actually know the law, especially when it comes to personal rights. Yes, you can film cops. This has been upheld by SCOTUS but you still see cops telling people to stop recording them.
09:48 AM - Sep 24, 2023
Simon Sands
A
Hit them in the pocket book...
11:21 AM - Sep 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}