Mary Orangetrees
A
Where are the health conscious people? I want to lose some weight but most importantly keep it off. What is the most reasonable non quacky way? Macros? Keto? Whatcha got? My doc wants me to lose 10% because of heart arrhythmias—research shows 10% and it should go away. #medspout #MedSpoutible thanks
02:34 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Crystal Moore, PhD
A
In response to Mary Orangetrees.
I highly recommend getting some professionals involved. I worked with a nutritionist over the summer to look at my diet--where things were good, could change & were changeable. Now I work out with a trainer 2x a wk & hit gym 2x a wk by myself & weekly hike. #Mindfulness #HealthyLiving #MindfulMoving
07:15 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Magen Price
A
(1/2) HI! I highly recommend avoiding any diet/plan that involves removing an entire food group, or that focuses on restriction. I recommend finding a Macros coach to make sure you're eating enough to nourish your body and not stress it during this fat loss phase. Most women restrict and don't eat
05:56 PM - Feb 04, 2023 (Edited)
Magen Price
A
In response to Magen Price.
(2/2) enough protein to properly support their bodies. This stresses your system and leads to negative consequences. I recommend https://emilyfieldrd.com/ as a place to start!
05:57 PM - Feb 04, 2023 (Edited)
Carly Graner
A
Cutting out basically all daily and most meat (except for fish) worked for me. I also work out about 4-5 days a week.
05:18 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Mary Orangetrees
A
In response to Carly Graner.
I do need to incorporate movement in my life. I’m pretty sedentary coming off of basically 2-3 years of meniscus surgery then bilateral knee replacement. It’s time to start working back toward exercise, but boy is it harder to get back up and to speed now that I am over 50! I’m ready though. Tks!
06:57 PM - Feb 04, 2023
John Serwach
A
I did the steak and egg diet- lost 35 pounds in a summer- it works.
03:32 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Mary Orangetrees
A
In response to John Serwach.
Thanks. Wow. Congrats. Yeah, caveman kinda like? I could do that.
03:39 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
03:24 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Mary Orangetrees
A
In response to Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement.
I do kinda lean toward keto anyway. I don’t really care for grains or pasta or milk or yogurt. Thank you!
03:40 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Adrian James
A
Hey! I lost 30 pounds during the lock down, mostly through dietary changes and working out. Would be happy to talk about it if you're interested.
02:59 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Mary Orangetrees
A
In response to Adrian James.
Thanks! I had both my knees replaced a little over 2 years ago so I’m just getting back to physical performance pre blowing out the knees. I used to work with a trainer. I need to get back to weights but have been hesitant since covid— haven’t had it yet/don’t want it!
03:41 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Mary Orangetrees
A
In response to Adrian James.
I forgot to say great job on your weight reduction!
10:45 AM - Feb 05, 2023
Belle Sussex
A
Took a while for me to shift 98lbs in 2 years, but used portion control, cut out sugar and fatty foods, drinking more water, and started walking. I also do Yoga now too which is really good.
02:46 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Mary Orangetrees
A
In response to Belle Sussex.
Wow! Congrats! Major achievement! I can cut out sugar— I use monk fruit as it is. I love water and it’s my main drink daily but I still do struggle to get more than about 50oz in. How much water do you drink a day? Thanks!
03:43 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Melmo Macdaffy
A
I started 16:8 fasting and that changed everything weight loss wise. I'd already gotten rid of dairy, wheat and a bunch of other things to deal with some issues, but the fasting really sped up the weightloss. Good luck.
02:44 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Mary Orangetrees
A
In response to Melmo Macdaffy.
Thanks! I forgot about IF. I should try that again. I’m low on wheat and probably need to cut dairy and cheese. Those should be pretty easy for me to do.
02:46 PM - Feb 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}