Congressman Don Beyer
A
I just received this letter from a U.S. Army Reserve soldier describing how a shutdown will impact her.

It’s just awful.

Nobody should be rooting for a shutdown, people will really get hurt if this happens.
01:53 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Eb
A
In response to Congressman Don Beyer.
This IS shameful. Of course, the people responsible for this shutdown lack the capacity to feel shame, but they owe it to the American people to explain what exactly is worth shutting down the government. Because I don’t think they have explained that yet.
10:47 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Max Prophet
A
The Democratic Party is now responsible for the government shutdown as much as any Republican.

https://www.foxnews.com/po...
08:26 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Caffeinated Librarian
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Using Faux news as your source, it is no wonder you aren't really comprehending the actions of the crazy caucus of R's who are doing this for the purpose of shutting down the government. In no way is this the fault of the Dems.
10:22 PM - Sep 29, 2023
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
This is enraging. They sit there collecting a salary and benefits given to them by the American people while simultaneously throwing what amounts to a tantrum that harms real Americans and they don't give one shit.
06:33 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Apollo11
A
"people will really get hurt if this happens.", Dude, that is their intent.
06:30 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Cyph3r
A
Unconscionable
04:12 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
Representative Beyer, I am one of your constituents and I know that you support our federal workers, many of whom live and work in the DMV. This makes me so angry!

BTW, I used to work at AIADA when you were on the board - many years ago 🙂.
03:49 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Karen B
A
OMG, this is so sad! We have to find a way to make Congress do their job but I don’t know what to do.
03:07 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Jay D
A
Unfortunately our government is being hijacked by a handful of right-wing political terrorists. We need to fundamentally change the way our government functions so that the vast majority of Americans can be served. Until that happens we’ll continue with this lunacy.
03:05 PM - Sep 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}