(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 1/9
I truly think this is game over for TFG in the GA RICO case.

A quick disclaimer: I am not now, nor have I ever been, a lawyer. But I do have strong interest in criminal justice (usually in the form of wrongful conviction cases) & I do spend lots of time reading court docs.

That said, let’s talk…
Secret Agent @BookSellerX
Scott Hall’s Plea Deal in Fulton County Case Is Not Good News for Trump
07:56 AM - Sep 30, 2023
02:02 PM - Sep 30, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 2/9
As the article above notes, Scott Hall took a plea deal yesterday. In return for a generous sentence (no prison time), he’s agreed to testify for the State. So who is he? Good question. If you want lots of detail, his video from Meidas Touch does a good job. My version will be much less detailed.
Trump Gets FATAL BLOW in Georgia Case with SURPRISE Move by Co-Defendant - YouTube

Fulton County DA Fani Willis just had her first major breakthrough, with one of the weakest links in the 19 defendant conspiracy chain turning State's Eviden...

02:02 PM - Sep 30, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 3/9
This screenshot outlines the most direct actions he took, though he turns up elsewhere in phone calls/emails related to these events. The TL;DR is that he was involved in illegally accessing the voting machines in Coffee Co. to capture voter information & Dominion Corp data to transmit elsewhere.
02:03 PM - Sep 30, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 4/9
So OK, this guy was involved in one little piece of the enormous web in this RICO case. So why do I believe his plea deal is the end for TFG? You’re may think it’s because his deal will scare others into pleading out &turning State’s evidence. And sure, that’s likely to happen, but that’s not it.
02:03 PM - Sep 30, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 5/9
I just so happened to spend some time last night reading through the recent decision by Judge Steve Jones denying Mark Meadows’ request to remove his case to federal court. In doing so, I stumbled across this little gem:
02:05 PM - Sep 30, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 6/9
Per Judge Jones, in order to convict in a RICO case, they need only prove that 1 member of the enterprise committed 1 overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy. So, if I’ve read this right, now that Scott Hall admitted to these overt acts, Willis needs only to connect him to TFG to convict him.
02:06 PM - Sep 30, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 7/9
I believe she’d be able to do this even if no one else takes a plea deal & agrees to testify. But let’s be real here: more pleas are coming. One prosecutor stated their plan to offer deals to K Chesebro and S Powell in the near future. And if they’re getting offers, so is (nearly?) everyone else.
02:06 PM - Sep 30, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 8/9
So why did I write this whole thread? Beyond finding interesting, I think it’s likely 1 of TFG’s lawyers reached out to him last night/this morning to tell him it’s over. So as you go through your weekend, I hope you get an extra smile knowing he is spending his miserable & terrified. I know I will.
02:07 PM - Sep 30, 2023
(Not that kinda)Dr J
A
thread 9/9
PS ~ If we have any lawyers here, I’d love to hear your thoughts on this. Is my interpretation of the statement by Judge Jones correct? Is this really as good as over, even before we see the coming cascade of similar plea deals? Will we finally see justice against TFG? #LegalSpoutible
02:08 PM - Sep 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}