Christopher Bouzy
A
Once again, the media helped push a Republican led narrative without fact checking. Jamaal Bowman wasn't trying to delay the vote, the signs were confusing and he made a legitimate mistake. Here is the proof.
08:24 AM - Oct 01, 2023
blueOcean
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Remember, the same sign is on the Columbus doors that made ppl think USCP opened the door on J6 after a rioter looked up at the CCTV. We need footage vs photo. Notice the door in question does not have the signs but central door (a few feet away) does. Did he try those first? Then tried side doors?
07:32 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Tawni
A
What was the emergency? There's certainly no ambiguity in "Emergency Exit Only"
01:38 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Miss Ann
A
In a rush, I can see how this could be read as sound the alarm to open the door. The red sign could do with a down arrow or something.
04:52 PM - Oct 01, 2023
Jo
A
They tried and failed.
04:31 PM - Oct 01, 2023
crbie
A
Thank you for this, I could not understand why he would pull a fire alarm like a college student in a dorm. This makes a lot more sense.
04:22 PM - Oct 01, 2023
SueinAZ
A
My first reaction, sitting here comfortably on my couch, watching TV, is to say well obviously he was supposed to push on the door but when we’re stressed and in a hurry, we’ve all accidentally done some pretty dumb things.
Looking at it now….thats definitely something I could of done.
03:52 PM - Oct 01, 2023
Gisela McClean
A
I was confused when I read it, English is my second language.
02:43 PM - Oct 01, 2023
Barbara Saunders-Jones
A
I want to believe it was an accident. But who hasn't seen a fire alarm before? The sign seems clear that you are supposed to push on the bar of the door, ot the fire alarm. 🤷
02:43 PM - Oct 01, 2023
Elektra 🖖
A
In response to Barbara Saunders-Jones.
It might be because they’re calling it a fire alarm when it’s actually a door alarm. And those are kind of confusing.
01:23 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Annette McDermott, ssj
A
Wow. Really important to share.
02:38 PM - Oct 01, 2023
eLLe the U
A
The media is garbage. That is true.

But I fail to see what is confusing about these red signs or the way they are worded.
02:33 PM - Oct 01, 2023
Adam Desrosiers
A
In response to eLLe the U.
yeah, I was a little shocked at the prospect that Congressman Bowman could have done this as a stalling tactic. But now I guess I'm even more disappointed that he doesn't know what fire alarms look like?
10:12 PM - Oct 01, 2023
Penelope Lowder
A
MSM is a joke!
02:31 PM - Oct 01, 2023
DS Spouting
A
Another reason why we at Spoutible should NOT rely on mainstream news outlets in this little corner of SM. Because it is not reliable. 🤷🏾‍♀️
01:44 PM - Oct 01, 2023
Dodi Davies
A
But, if it wasn’t an accident, I understand why not.

https://www.instagram.com/...
12:31 PM - Oct 01, 2023
BLS Is tired of the BS
A
It wasn't a fire alarm. It was a door alarm.

I tripped a door alarm at work and did not get investigated or censured.

All I got was a dirty look from the manager who came to turn it off.

#Gop theatrics
11:30 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
Wow. Thanks for this. From reporting, one would not know.
11:05 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Helen Lucia
A
Plus what the media was blaming him for just never remotely made a lick of sense.
09:34 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Helen Lucia
A
Number one offender pushing the Republican Narrative Punch Bowl News.
09:32 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
I sure hope he didn't pull that red fire alarm button and pushed the silver button to release the door.

If he pulled that fire alarm lever, he knows better.
09:08 AM - Oct 01, 2023
MaryB Mtv
A
I think morning media meetings go like this...what are Republicans pissed off about today? Great! Run it as the headline.
09:00 AM - Oct 01, 2023 (Edited)
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to MaryB Mtv.
It's been normalized to that point over these past years such that we underestimate the danger, which in turn perpetuates it through our interactions with others. We joke and mock rather than seriously express concern (not fear--they want that). We're not out of the woods yet on this.
09:58 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Mathias Pav
A
This is 100% true, but let's never make the mistake of assuming that any argument -- or especially any of their pearl-clutching -- is in good faith. It's just a way to score points, and they'll take ANYTHING right now.
08:52 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Mathias Pav.
They'll also get the lie out to run around the world before the truth can put its pants on. They know that dynamic and rely on and exploit it incessantly. Our challenge is to not further enable it by taking the bait, particularly so immediately as we've been conditioned to.
09:55 AM - Oct 01, 2023
BTSdaily7 (sporadic;)
A
Yeah I was listening to MSNBC and Yasmin I Wanna Be Katie Tur Vossoughian became obsessed with the fire alarm thing instead of waiting for facts. I’d forgotten weekend daytime MSNBC women are just as bad at their jobs as the weekday women. Except Simone, she’s awesome!
08:40 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to BTSdaily7 (sporadic;).
Yes she is.
12:47 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Oongy Noodle
A
Looking at his hand, he's clearly about to PUSH a door open rather than PULL a fire alarm.
08:38 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Oongy Noodle.
And door alarm ≠ fire alarm. The GaslightersOnParade conflate, obfuscate, overstate and use dozens of other tactics--which they've been trained in by ALEC (and perhaps others). They're ever-ready to jump on such an opportunity.
09:53 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
I'm glad you posted this. I could not otherwise understand why he would do such a thing. These pics makes his excuse easier to accept.
08:37 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
*explanation

They want us to misinterpret it as an excuse--because they presume guilt of those they scapegoat, particularly POC. And that's the signal they intend to send out: 'You know those people are the real problem!', etc.
09:51 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Nancy D
A
They’ll be planning impeachment hearings for this next. Heaven forbid they actually do any work.
08:37 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Julia@myollieBarradise1
B
They seem to be really, really peeved still for not being able to shutdown the government, cause mtg is telling everyone who'll listen that uk going to put them into WWW3, cause uk government is TALKING about sending in military instructors to Ukraine, really Republicans 🤦🤷🙄
08:34 AM - Oct 01, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
It wasn't even the same building as the vote. They are being so ridiculous and irrational. Calling for prison time and shit.

Pulling an alarm in DC is a misdemeanor with a fine $100 🙄

They are really showing off their crazy on this one.
08:28 AM - Oct 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
It's all messaging and signaling. They're *pushing* craziness, anger--'buttons'--in the minds of MAGA Americans. We'll get through this, and it's still important to take it seriously in part because people will be killed along the way. Of that I have no doubt. It's going to get worse w/ desperation.
09:49 AM - Oct 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}