Christopher Bouzy
A
We have already seen an increase in people actually reading the threads. The whole point of adding this feature was to encourage people to interact more with threads. As soon as someone sees 1/40, they tend to continue scrolling. In just 24 hours, we have seen that behavior change.
Ben Peterson @killthrush
Heard about the feature, was skeptical thinking it would be obtrusive as a reader. Tried it and seriously it was fine. The people I follow write threads worth reading so I'm not going to let an AI summary change that. Not like "thank you robot, fuck you prolific poster"
06:39 PM - Oct 04, 2023
06:51 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I truly don't understand the strong reaction against it. You are not eliminating the thread. The summary just provides context plus it's optional whether or not you decide to read it. To me it's no different than reading a book summary. If I'm not familiar with the author I want to learn more.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
07:00 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Myles Higgins ?
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:16 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Myles Higgins ?.
Thank you for taking time to provide context. I'm not a creative writer and rarely compose long threads. Your explanation helps me to understand the frustrations that many writers may have with the summaries. My hope is that the tool can be improved so it's a win for everyone.
07:56 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Verifiably Nobody
A
In response to Myles Higgins ?.
Sometimes it’s hard for technical folks to get the passion of artists, the way they work and their protection of their work. I don’t think this is a deliberate attempt to thwart creativity, I think it’s a fundamental misunderstanding of what the issue is. The creative solution is to fool the AI. 😊
08:05 PM - Oct 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}