Christopher Bouzy
A
We have already seen an increase in people actually reading the threads. The whole point of adding this feature was to encourage people to interact more with threads. As soon as someone sees 1/40, they tend to continue scrolling. In just 24 hours, we have seen that behavior change.
Ben Peterson @killthrush
Heard about the feature, was skeptical thinking it would be obtrusive as a reader. Tried it and seriously it was fine. The people I follow write threads worth reading so I'm not going to let an AI summary change that. Not like "thank you robot, fuck you prolific poster"
06:39 PM - Oct 04, 2023
06:51 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I truly don't understand the strong reaction against it. You are not eliminating the thread. The summary just provides context plus it's optional whether or not you decide to read it. To me it's no different than reading a book summary. If I'm not familiar with the author I want to learn more.
07:00 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Myles Higgins ?
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:16 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Antony L
A
Agree, the AI doesn't get spoilers aren't part of the summary. In general, I just don't want art taken out of the hands of humans period, ever. And AI doing summaries does that, IMHO. Why does this society work so hard to take the human out of everything?
In response to Myles Higgins ?.
07:23 PM - Oct 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}