Professor Kyle
A
I'm so satisfied with Spoutible as is and love the community we have. But one thing that makes me want it to grow & attract more newsmakers/journalists is to combat the dangerous misinformation so prevalent on X (& that we've already seen demonstrated on Meta, likely throwing the '16 election).
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
If you wanted to know why Elon overpaid for Twitter, and then did everything he could to make it as toxic as possible, just look at what is happening on the platform. I have never seen this much disinformation on a mainstream platform before, and some of it is coming from journalists.
05:42 AM - Oct 19, 2023
10:08 AM - Oct 19, 2023
Gray Graham
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
In Meta's case is it really their job to filter news and information? Right now people are mad at them for basically doing that on Threads in the most extreme way by not allowing topics to be discussed and referring to gov't sites. Do we want corps as gatekeepers of information
11:35 AM - Oct 19, 2023
Gray Graham
A
In response to Gray Graham.
Guess what I am saying is it a corporations responsibility or is it the individual people. The people I know personal spread conspiracy theories constantly to their family and friends. Are we suppose to say they are not allowed to do this?
11:37 AM - Oct 19, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Gray Graham.
Yes, I do want them to police misinformation, disinformation, and biased coverage, not to mention hate speech.
11:38 AM - Oct 19, 2023
Viviane Elbee
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Agreed
11:07 AM - Oct 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}