Mynxie
A
Sault Ste. Marie killer had a history of intimate partner violence, say police

Police Chief Hugh Stevenson said he would welcome an inquest into the issue of intimate partner violence, saying 'governments have to look at this situation ... more seriously'
#Ontario #DV #IntimatePartnerViolence
05:34 PM - Oct 25, 2023
Char
A
In response to Mynxie.
Taking domestic violence "... a little more seriously" is an understatement and should *not* be a revelation to anyone.

This makes me angry. This has been a well-known causation for decades.

DV should always have serious consequences for the perpetrator.
07:05 PM - Oct 25, 2023
JoanieRocks
A
In response to Char.
It should but so often doesn't. My daughter's boyfriend was arrested then released on bond even though (we found out later) he had been in prison for false imprisonment and domestic abuse. Did the DA not check his record at the time or not care? After that he was in the wind and never prosecuted.
07:38 PM - Oct 25, 2023
Char
A
In response to JoanieRocks.
I'm so sorry your daughter and your family have had that experience. It's terrible how often the "justice system" fails victims, especially women.

My sister is helping people who have been victims of coercive control DV & she's a survivor herself.
07:52 PM - Oct 25, 2023
JoanieRocks
A
God bless her for doing that. Our local women's shelter was a godsend, helping her file the paperwork for a protection order. The police who responded were great too and more sensitive than I expected. Give your sister a hug for me. I appreciate her!
In response to Char.
07:55 PM - Oct 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}