Robert Reich
A
Why is healthcare so expensive in America?

In the past few years, some hospital CEOs have seen their salaries increase by as much as 700 percent. Yes, you read that correctly.

Say it with me, Medicare for All.
01:53 PM - Feb 27, 2023
junerose32
B
In response to Robert Reich.
Next look at the CEOs of insurance companies!
11:34 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Rissa Corn
A
I just multipled my meager income by 7 and almost had a heart attack!
10:09 AM - Oct 19, 2023
Steve
A
Medicine in this country has been overtaken by corporate greed. So many M.D's are salaried employees of top heavy organizations with excessively paid administrators as well as the insurance companies. I know of very few physician run practices anymore.
01:05 AM - Aug 09, 2023
Sunflower
B
My father has Medicare, all doctors take it, so why not offer it to everyone let's say 55+, for starters? People under 65 can pay a monthly premium, it's just will be cheaper than private insurance.
03:16 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Michael
A
09:57 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Michael
A
08:59 PM - Feb 28, 2023
ljz
A
In response to Michael.
You realize that site is satire, right? It's right in the link.
04:49 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Deb Gangemi
A
And we Medicare providers continue to get cuts to treatments year after year after year. I read we make 22% less than 20 years ago, adjusting for inflation. Which legislator makes 22% less???? No small wonder so many of us are retiring from the profession.
03:39 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Muriel Branch
B
Obscene.
02:31 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Terri MacMillan
A
the way you consistently ignore the realities of government under Republicans -local and national…it would be comical if it wasn’t so dangerous.
07:28 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
In response to Terri MacMillan.
I do know democrats act completely helpless when it comes to voter rights legislation, always finding one excuse or another to roll over while Republicans cheat and cheat and cheat and cheat.
07:18 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Carol Chapman
A
I will say Universal Healthcare. M4A would never work. Too expensive for those on it.
06:53 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Lisa
A
In response to Carol Chapman.
Universal healthcare works in every other first world nation.
10:15 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
In response to Carol Chapman.
Nope. It's cheaper cause economies of scale. Less admin work and greater buyer power.
07:32 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Devil InDisguise
A
700%!
06:51 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Dissident Aggressor
A
06:49 PM - Feb 27, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
Healthcare is almost 20% GDP - higher than ANY other nation. That is concerning to me. People being sick is good for the industry...
05:45 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Rosetta
A
I had a doctor appointment with a pulmonologist. The appointment lasted 15 minutes. I found out the appointment they didn’t accept my insurance. My bill was $425
05:04 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Linda Lee
A
The best health care plan that I've ever had is right now in retirement. Medicare plus my Part C plan cover many of my medical, dental, and vision needs and includes membership to a fitness club. I still have an annual deductible, but overall it's better than what I had while still working.
04:39 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Carol Chapman
A
In response to Linda Lee.
How much do you pay for the Part C? And do you have B or is that included? Thanks.
06:54 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Cindy
A
Insurance companies are the problem.
04:31 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Scott Cudmore
A
It is all part of a broken and fallacious concept of meritocracy: "Only those who are willing to accept the wage slavery of Ayn Rand's capitalism deserve to live." The US is perfectly enacting this nightmare. So life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is based on what you can pay. It is sad.
04:24 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Mark Sienko
A
I trip up all my RW friends when vocalizing their opposition to universal health care with a simple question; How is a broken leg, or congenital heart disease different for a resident of Montana, versus say,. a resident of Texas?
04:09 PM - Feb 27, 2023
BruvaLuv
A
In response to Mark Sienko.
Yeah, and why are the bones in your mouth different. And the soft tissue and nerves used for sight. Someone try to make it make sense.
05:28 PM - Feb 27, 2023
ALIS ITLATOL
A
I am not a performative sound bite for the entitled.

The Eurocentric Colonial Patriarchal Systemic Supremacist U.S. Medical System continues to exclude #BIPOC #HealthWellnessSciences Modalities

This is Spoutible not the bird where the arrogance of not following ANYONE - is ____
04:04 PM - Feb 27, 2023
KansasCity FruitKace
A
In response to ALIS ITLATOL.
Seriously. He doesn’t have time for us peasants.
04:22 PM - Feb 27, 2023
kpereau
A
Here in CA, Progressive proposed CalCare but incredibly disdained the business model Medicare is transitioning to. It didn't even make it to the floor for a vote. Instead of a post mortem on why--the Caucus Chair advocated targeting our assembly and terrorizing them into submission!
03:42 PM - Feb 27, 2023
kpereau
A
We need more than a shallow soundbite. I am huge Medicare/Medicaid advocate & I am constantly amazed at how little Progressives know about how healthcare is consumed & serviced. We should be advocating 2 things: 1) Anyone who wants Medicare should be able to choose and 2) Value based care models
03:37 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Aryan Gorkhali
A
In response to kpereau.
Private supplemental insurance can be bought just like in Australia but we need to get away from employers based health insurance. It is wasteful and impractical. Healthcare shouldn't be tied to the job.
04:43 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Chofu Alum
A
Dear privileged misogynist WM,
M4A will not solve the disparities in Healthcare in America.
Plus, it's not *free*.
The patriarchy STILL 💤 as they peddle THEIR privileged patriarchal ideas on how THEY can make life better for others to live under THEIR continued rule.
03:33 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Apollo11
A
In response Chofu Alum to their Spout
Ok, what's your solution?
04:13 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Artemis1 NIN
A
I don’t want Medicare. That insurance isn’t good. Let’s all get the best Health care there is.
03:01 PM - Feb 27, 2023
John Fegenbush
B
In response to Artemis1 NIN.
It could be if it was fixed, and we plugged all the holes conservatives have drilled in it. single payer, medicare for all type of health care is the only way to go. what we have now with money sucking leaches (health "insurance") is a rip-off!
03:07 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Boomer Papa
A
In response to Artemis1 NIN.
What Healthcare plan do you propose?
04:46 PM - Feb 27, 2023
John Fegenbush
B
Because we allow money sucking leaches (for-profit insurance companies) to get in between us & our dr's. As long as we allow middlemen to profit off of people's illness & injury, we will continue to pay more than the rest of the developed world for health care.
02:46 PM - Feb 27, 2023
kpereau
A
In response to John Fegenbush.
And yet, the providers set the prices. The insurers negotiate to bring them down-- Progressives: See the insurers are bad. Look, there are plenty of bad actors in healthcare. Pretending there is only one is a shallow, short sighted strategy that doesn't accomplish what you think it does.
03:57 PM - Feb 27, 2023
kpereau
A
In response to John Fegenbush.
John, I am going to respectfully suggest you focus on the healthcare challenges we face. I know from experience that arguments rooted in "warring" with industry doesn't move the needle like you think. We need TOTAL access to QUALITY AFFORDABLE care. Any model that gets us there deserves evaluation
07:13 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Naja pallida
A
Oddly enough, it's the same reason why almost everything has increased in price. Blatant, rampant, corporate greed that nobody in power has any interest in addressing because they're paid off by those same profits.
02:43 PM - Feb 27, 2023
John Fegenbush
B
In response Naja pallida to their Spout
don't forget price gouging that corporate media wants to inaccurately call "inflation".
03:01 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Rebecca
A
This is what is hurting healthcare in other countries. Even here in Canada we cannot compete with the astronomically high salaries in the US. We’re losing healthcare professionals we have educated with subsidised universities. It’s even worse for countries like India and Phillipines etc.
02:42 PM - Feb 27, 2023
ChrisKinFLA
A
No ~~
Universal Healthcare for all
Medicare only pays 80% with no cap & doesn't cover prescriptions
02:29 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Nancy Norbeck
A
In response to ChrisKinFLA.
It's amazing to me how many people think Medicare for All would be universal healthcare. It's not. And it doesn't cover anywhere near everything.
02:50 PM - Feb 27, 2023
John Fegenbush
B
In response to ChrisKinFLA.
That could easily be fixed. Conservatives drilled holes in medicare because they've been trying to kill it since it was enacted. True medicare for all would cover 100%, and be significantly cheaper than private for profit health insurance.
02:50 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Beth FullyVaccinated
A
Medicare is really expensive. Most folks who are not on it don’t realize how much you have to pay for, part B, supplemental, part C and part D. It all adds up
02:29 PM - Feb 27, 2023
John Fegenbush
B
In response to Beth FullyVaccinated.
Because we've allowed conservatives to drill holes in it, and weaken it. Single payer is the only way to go. For profit private health insurance is a rip off, and greedy middlemen shouldn't be allowed to profit from Healthcare.
02:53 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Fad BeALover-NotAHater
A
Making business out of people's most critical moment in life is pure evil

Just like Corporate Greed, taking advantage during this pandemic to price gouge us

This world of ours is becoming quite dark day by day because of wealth growth!
02:25 PM - Feb 27, 2023
Sitara 68
A
Can we also end child labor? The neocons and free marketeers making those 700Xs salaries are doing it off the backs of children.
02:13 PM - Feb 27, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}