Greg Palast
A
thread 1/4
Today is the first day of National Native American Heritage Month. The State of Oklahoma is celebrating by banning Killers of the Flower Moon from schools and libraries. #NativeAmericanHeritageMonth #Osage #Oil #KillersOfTheFlowerMoon #LongKnife #Documentary
08:14 PM - Nov 01, 2023 (Edited)
Greg Palast
A
thread 2/4
Former #Osage Nation Chief Jim Gray told me, “If we had to live through this history, why can’t white kids have to know about it?”

https://www.gregpalast.com...
08:16 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Greg Palast
A
thread 3/4
I’ve already been told that our documentary about the Osage, #LongKnife , featuring Chief Gray and the struggles of #Osage today, can also expect to get the chop. Well, if necessary, we’ll project it on the side of the State Capitol.
08:17 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Greg Palast
A
thread 4/4
Read Jim Gray's #MustRead New York Times guest essay about how the true story of the mass murder of the #Osage — as depicted in Killers of the Flower Moon — is being erased from Oklahoma classrooms.
#NativeAmericanHeritageMonth #KillersOfTheFlowerMoon
08:18 PM - Nov 01, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to Greg Palast.
So embarrassed to be from this state right now, but equally proud to have read these stories, and learned about this history in college here in Oklahoma. Native American History I, II and III were my favorite elective courses.
These students should know the truth.
05:20 PM - Nov 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}