Brendan Barry
A
thread 1/7
Do boycotts work? They used to. Socially conscious corps would bend to united voices of fairness and morality. Those corps are harder to come by these days. Boycotts require a new approach. Start at the top and cut off the head. A successful boycott, today, requires tens of millions to commit.
10:36 AM - Nov 05, 2023
Brendan Barry
A
thread 2/7
Getting tens of millions of Americans on the same page is the challenge. I'm here today to ask that you join me in boycotting one of the most criminal corporations in history. This juggernaut has been found guilty hundreds of times and even has their own 'crime tracker' (previous spout).
Brendan Barry
A
thread 3/7
They steal billions and pay millions in fines. Worst of all, they steal those billions from their customers. They use those ill-gotten gains to buy crooked politicians that allow them to continue the thefts. They finance the removal of your rights.
Brendan Barry
A
thread 4/7
Their lobbyists are well paid to advance an agenda that assaults our democracy, advances climate change and makes a mockery of our justice system. Their money can be found in every dark corner and despicable movement to hold you voiceless. They fund the most corrupt politicians they can find.
Brendan Barry
A
thread 5/7
Simply put, Wells Fargo is an anti-American criminal corp. This is why I believe they are the perfect example to be made. Pie in the sky dream? Maybe. But, only if you say so. You could shrug and say it'll never happen. Or, you could move your account and say your not okay with being ripped off.
Brendan Barry
A
thread 6/7
They're all the same, though, right? Banks are (BofA is next), but Credit unions are local, nonprofit, and put money back into the communities they serve. Most will let you open an account with $20 or less. Mine is $5. It takes about a week to get your new card and then you switch. It's that simple.
Brendan Barry
A
thread 7/7
This one corporate ambush could change a lot. The empowerment of the people to take down a criminal Goliath could be just the push good people need to stand up together in one voice saying "No more!". Talk to your friends and families about switching, please.