Sabine Savvidis
A
Joe Biden is not the President of Israel.
He is not cheerleading genocide.
The world is complicated. Please stop treating what's happening like a streaming series.
11:30 AM - Nov 05, 2023
Kyle Hagedorn
A
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
It's the unfortunate truth that "this issue is complicated" is a take a lot of people don't want to hear. And that's been made especially apparent in the age of social media.
04:03 PM - Nov 06, 2023
Jettyon Pyatt
A
Right 💯👊🏾
Some of everybody trying to figure it out from reading a Headline 🤨
07:15 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
Thank you. Incredibly well-said. And hats off to the other commenters who said social media has primed us all for simplistic talking points, rather than the accepting uncomfortable gray areas in which two or more seemingly contradictory things are true at once.
12:37 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Nevada Jones.
I'm so glad you agree. Gives me some hope.
12:55 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Nevada Jones.
This is a wise comment. [At least] two seemingly contradictory things are simultaneously true there & there are many very uncomfortably grey areas entwined going back many decades.
12:56 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
The 🌎 IS complicated. That part of the 🌎 has been propagandized about w/our complicity (& often cheerleading) for 75 yrs. Certainly not just Biden. Your tax 💸 are complicit & so are mine. But young voters aren't accepting our unconditional cheerleading anymore; this could cost Biden the election
12:13 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
I get your point but would feel less enraged if young voters weren't that easily manipulated, though.
12:18 PM - Nov 05, 2023
M Briatack
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
Complicit in what exactly? 1-Israeli intelligence helps the U.S. against potential terror attacks. 2- Funding for Iron Dome protects innocent Israelis. 3-The only democracy in the area needs to be supported. 4-Gaza also gets U.S. aid. 5-Defeating Hamas is necessary for the world and Palestinians.
12:30 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
Social media is SOOO unable to deal with this issue.

People feel forced to reduce everything to a simplistic 'goodguy vs badguy' dichotomy, make dubious assumptions about history, and redefine terms as they see fit.
I'm finding it almost impossible to trust anything I read, but socmed is the worst
12:11 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Kirk Taylor.
Very true, Kirk. I'd go even further and say stupid is overwhelming the planet.
12:15 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Kirk Taylor.
Extremely good point. Social media is unequipped & terribly-suited to addressing the very complex past 75 years there. I've been reading about this for 45 years. It can't be simply distilled. This 27-minute history précis is time well-spent, though, imo. Descibes things that definitely did happen.
12:21 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Sonya Baker
A
Thank you
11:38 AM - Nov 05, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Sonya Baker.
💙
11:40 AM - Nov 05, 2023
Ronald Alexander