Suzanne Dillon
A
I just tried to online schedule Covid and flu shots at Riteaid. They required responses for sex assigned at birth, race, and ethnicity. What does that have to do with vaccinations??? I’ll go tomorrow to schedule in person and see if they can explain the reasons for those questions.
03:22 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Sue Lee
A
In response to Suzanne Dillon.
Did not have the sex assigned at birth question on Walgreens online sign up. Wondered if that’s a state requirement. I also skipped the race, ethnicity fields and it still went thru. Those are more for market research purposes I would think, not required.
What happened at the store?
09:39 AM - Nov 13, 2023
Suzanne Dillon
A
In response to Sue Lee.
The manager was aware of the questions but punted me to the pharmacist, who seemed to not know about them, & gradually came up with the reason that a wrong name would cause a rejected insurance claim. He didn’t address the race/ethnicity ones.
06:06 PM - Nov 13, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
I think it probably has to do with gathering information about who is getting vaccinated.
03:33 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Suzanne Dillon
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
If that’s the case, they could explain why in their form and give you the option to not respond to those questions. Otherwise, IMO, it’s none of their business.
03:41 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Pibble Mom
A
I didn't have such inappropriate questions trying to sched online w/Walgreens. However, after scheduling & filling out the PDF paperwork, local Walgreens said they never rec'd my reservation & didn't accept dowloaded paperwork. Had to complete theirs. Which was same as the one I tried to give them.
03:29 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Suzanne Dillon
A
In response to Pibble Mom.
That’s strange.
03:35 PM - Nov 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}