Brian Karem
A
For my beloved trolls, haters, lovers and people who apparently think about other people's sex lives way too much. Please -

READ the FU***NG Article
Headlines and subheads are the beginning - not the end of the journey

https://www.justasktheques...
07:04 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Wilhelm Gere
A
In response to Brian Karem.
I think I read, more than the headline, that only about 40% read past the headlines. Either in the olden newspaper days, or now. How else could you get through the NYT, or a gazillion tweets per hour? Trump had his morning briefings done up on on a few file cards, too much trouble to read more.
01:08 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Ray King
A
In response to Wilhelm Gere.
And the crappy media always puts out the worst headlines about Biden and that's what people read the most.
01:41 AM - Nov 06, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Wilhelm Gere.
Tough to read the article when it's behind a paywall, too.
02:33 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Whoa!™️
A
When I used to be on Facebook, I couldn't believe the number of times someone who was arguing with me shared an article that made my point for me. It was obvious to me that they read the headline and made an assumption of what the article was about.
08:20 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Tina Alford
A
In response to Whoa!™️.
True
08:26 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
Okay - I read it. It's funny, you usually are. It's a great point, more of us should pay attention and, yeah, reading the fucking articles instead of flying off the handle at the headline or the lede. As a failed J-school student from forty years ago, you want to get Lincoln quotes right, though.
08:18 PM - Nov 05, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
I'm reading the fucking article, Brian. You have the Gettysburg address quote wrong (knew it off the top of my head, but I also vetted my old lady memory). It's "fourscore and seven years ago, our fathers," not forefathers. I'll finish the article now.
08:06 PM - Nov 05, 2023