Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/7
I had my clothes laid out, toiletries ready to go, time was ticking down but I was struggling to be where in the schedule I was supposed to be. So I just called out. Every time I do that I struggle with how it makes me look, especially after everything that happened in September.
10:13 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/7
That's what sick/personal time is for. I shouldn't have to work like a robot, ignoring mental or physical health issues. No job is worth that. And as 2023 winds down, I'm fuckin exhausted. I mean of course I am, since September I've taken a mental beating with family loss and job bullshit.
10:20 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/7
Sometimes I want to hop on a Greyhound bus, move to a small town, change my name, live small. But those towns likely voted for Trump. Fantasy ruined. Real life it is, I guess. But real life is sometimes a kick in the teeth. Adulting needs so much more than thoughts, prayers, and good intentions.
10:23 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/7
And you add mental illness to the mix (take your morning meds, kids) everything is so much harder. Winter is coming, darkness is here, and I'm trying to play depression offense instead of defense. I don't even feel depressed today, just really tired. But that's how it can start.
10:25 AM - Nov 06, 2023 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/7
Tired leads to exhaustion, then sadness, helplessness, and finally depression. And the fact that you spend all your light hours in an office with no window in a job that doesn't appreciate you and it's pitch black by the time you leave...
10:28 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 6/7
Point to all this: I don't feel my best today. This kind of feeling doesn't ask your permission or seek your approval. You just gotta move with it and through it as best you know how. I have 30+ years of experience but just got ok at it in the last couple of years. I still fail more than I win.
10:31 AM - Nov 06, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 7/7
But I also still fight more than I give up. So this goes in the win column for sure. I'm going to consume some more x-tra cheddar blasted Goldfish and maybe take a nap in a little bit. I'm about to turn the heat up just a tad, for comfort.
10:34 AM - Nov 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}