jentaub
A
For clarification Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and South Carolina – argue they have standing because the law forgiveness program will reduce their tax revenues.

And Missouri argues it has standing because it created and controls the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority (MOHELA)

61/
12:12 PM - Feb 28, 2023 (Edited)
?THEE Stephanie Noel Kirlin³³º¹???
A
In response to jentaub.
Can confirm. I went back to school in my late 30s, we were hit by the recession and MOHELA is my service provider; I’ll be paying my student loans until I die.
03:54 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
In response to jentaub.
It reduces their tax revenues due to State tax laws. Based on this, I'm assuming Federal govt. wouldn't be allowed to cut salaries of Federal employees based in one of these states--that would reduce tax revenue too.

They're grasping at straws. Unfortunately, some of these Justices are straws.
12:35 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Chofu Alum
A
In response to jentaub.
THANK YOU for live spouting!!!
This is THEE one thing I miss accessing on the bird app. So grateful you're laying down the *live spout* path for others to follow!!!
❤️❤️❤️
12:19 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Colleen Kassner
A
In response to jentaub.
Regarding the list tax base. Wouldn’t forgiving the loans it more money into purchasing goods and increasing the tax base it frees up income for people to buy homes, card, and other consumer goods. It’s a big plus.
12:19 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Christina
A
In response to jentaub.
Thank you for live Spouting this!
12:17 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Lori Staub
A
In response to jentaub.
Thank you so much for this thread. I’m from Missouri and would like nothing more than our performative AG to be defeated.
12:15 PM - Feb 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}