Chelsea Streeter
A
thread 1/5
Hello all! My name is Chelsea, and I'm attempting to run for state representative for HD69 in Texas.
My district if full of wonderful, hardworking people. Communities that come together when the need arises, and small towns that struggle with keeping populations due to a lack of jobs.
12:37 PM - Nov 09, 2023
Chelsea Streeter
A
thread 2/5
It is also DEEP RED, which I suspect is partly due to voter apathy.
I envision a better future for my three children. I like to say, "You may be preparing your kids for the world, but I want to prepare the world for my kids." I don't want them to have to fight the same battles we are fighting today.
Chelsea Streeter
A
thread 3/5
I used to be a conservative, and much of my family identifies as such. Because of this, I believe the best path forward is compromise. I am a person that is willing to change my perspective when presented with new information. I do not compromise on my personal values, but I do believe in taking
Chelsea Streeter
A
thread 4/5
Wins where you can get them.

In 2022, with the help of my friends and the local democratic party, I planned and hosted a Bans Off Our Bodies rally in July 2022.

As for experience, I have none. But I am a studious person that loves to learn, and does so quickly. I am also honest in my capabilities
Chelsea Streeter
A
thread 5/5
And how I feel about things. If you have any questions, I am more than willing to talk with you about them.

My first step in this process will be to get 500 signatures of registered voters in my district.

I hope that you'll help me.

Let's move forward, together.

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Chelsea Streeter
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
First, encourage people to vote that haven't been! People have felt that their vote is useless, so they don't do it.

Second, engage with voters. He doesn't get out and talk with the people, especially those in rural areas.
11:07 AM - Nov 10, 2023
Dréa25
A
In response to Chelsea Streeter.
So first, really nice you are getting involved and trying to make change in your district. I am not one of your potential constituents, but I am curious: What caused you to turn from being a conservative?
12:43 PM - Nov 09, 2023
Chelsea Streeter
A
In response to Dréa25.
Honestly, talking to people.
Of course, there's the Trump of it all. I never supported him
But listening to other people and their struggles really gave me pause, then figuring out which policies work best to actually help people.
Being a conservative wasn't so much a choice as it was expected of me
12:46 PM - Nov 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}