Mama Ezekiel
A
thread 1/2
Just had a really disheartening experience at the grocery store. An employee looked at my masked daughter and myself (the only masked people at the store on a Friday night, other than my husband who was in another aisle) and sang, "Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on" and all the customers around us...
07:20 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Mama Ezekiel
A
thread 2/2
all erupted in laughter. I respect that some people have chosen to put their masks away, but my family has chosen to keep wearing ours. It really hurts to be ridiculed, especially when my child is there, too. Sorry, I don't usually spout personal stuff but I just had to get this off my chest.
07:20 PM - Nov 10, 2023
Mama Ezekiel
A
Thank you. ❤️ Yes, it was an employee. I was so taken aback that I didn't know what to do, other than to get my daughter away from the situation as fast as I could. I'm interested in seeing what the manager has to say when we talk on Monday, but I won't be returning to that store again.
In response to Ray King.
07:38 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Ray King
A
In response to Mama Ezekiel.
Some of my Twitter followers said they quit masking due to others making comments about their masks. I haven't really seen many people masking anymore. Have other people given you a hard time for wearing a mask besides this incident?
07:49 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Mama Ezekiel
A
In response to Ray King.
This is the first time that someone has been so vocal to me about it. I've had so many people stare and whisper, and today while I was out I had someone force a cough out in my direction...but this is the first real public shaming I've received.
07:51 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Ray King
A
In response to Mama Ezekiel.
I'm sure you would be as you weren't expecting that. Well, hopefully he loses his job, and if not, you should contact the corporate office and let them know about it as some managers don't do anything about it. That employee needs to lose his job over that.
07:46 PM - Nov 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}