Christopher Bouzy
A
"Big names" will never interact with you, so I am not entirely sure why that is your focus. Our focus is building a community from the ground up, not catering to "big names."
TheSean @TheSean
This is my issue with Spoutible. There is near zero incentive for big names to come here. People will NEVER echo enough to make it worth it.
04:45 PM - Nov 11, 2023
09:25 PM - Nov 11, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Caroline Robinson
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I’m here for the big names! The big names being those smart, kind and clear-thinking folks whose spouts help me stay sane in this crazy world. Those big names are here!
07:28 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Joe JustUs
A
Like you said it’s about community.

There are some so called “big names” who truly belong here, but the point is to continue to make this a safe & fun space for everyone. 🐳

My intention when recruiting is to bring quality people who truly belong here.
02:04 PM - Nov 12, 2023
_++ __X
A
There were a few ordinary people on Twitter I followed who are not here or at least not active. The drive for them is they want to get noticed and appreciated by as many people as possible. That doesn't really work here because there is no algorithm. It's more difficult and takes longer to find.../
01:51 PM - Nov 12, 2023
_++ __X
A
In response to _++ __X.
It's more difficult and takes longer to find people with shared interests on Spoutible. On Twitter, it was completely effortless which helped to make the platform sticky. I don't know what celebrities want, but I could guess it is disappointing to post here if you are used to posts going viral.
01:56 PM - Nov 12, 2023
MaxxMilly Browne 808
A
So called big names, does not necessarily mean great content? I see Indigenous out there - saving the environment and their culture, Black women saving democracy, women fighting for their rights - those are the big names I look to.
01:26 PM - Nov 12, 2023
The_Expert
A
We rather be patient and wait for a healthy table to be set here on Spoutible rather than feed off the packaged junk over at the bird 🐦 site.
12:45 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Joe JustUs
A
I love it when people volunteer to get blocked. ✅

Take that bullshit back to Tik Tok son!
02:30 AM - Nov 12, 2023
Mynxie
A
That's two just today pulling that same shit that I've noticed and I've been busy with other stuff. Seems more like this is just the latest whine that has been decided on to bring here 🤷🏽‍♀️
11:14 PM - Nov 11, 2023

Only followers of this user (RetiredLibrarian) can see their posts

Pamela B'well
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Made a connection on the bird site (that I soon had to block because he was a creep) who dropped names to an embarrassing degree. He also thought he was now tight with Morgan Fairchild… 🤭

It’s really kind of sad and maybe desperate.
10:58 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Profit Greenly
A
How about "middle sized names", like 30-100k followers. I saw/had plenty of interactions from accounts like Jigar Shah, Robert Howarth, Darrell Owens, Jacob Silverman, Sammy Roth, Alan Fisher, Jesse Jenkins etc. on Twitter and it was super useful. That's who I want to draw here, not mega accounts.
10:47 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Lipsticktraces
B
I'm more into catering diners...
09:57 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Some I follow on Xitter provide info I value (so I still go there for it). They have me muted (it seems) so interaction isn't my reason (and TheSean didn't say it was for him either, btw).

His assertion that they wouldn't get echoed enough? IDK.

An "issue with Spoutible"? IDK.

#SpeakingForMyself
09:51 PM - Nov 11, 2023
PS Annie
A
Thank Goodness!
09:51 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Yorick
A
But how will I get that pure endorphin rush of being briefly acknowledged by a person that society has arbitrarily elevated?
09:41 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Pa Dad
A
Besides we have each other and we can make a difference.
09:31 PM - Nov 11, 2023
just alex
A
Saw that on Mastodon. Most of the big accounts that joined just wanted to up their follower numbers. If you responded to their posts, they ignored you.
🫤
09:28 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to just alex.
There are a few rare exceptions from TV. Mostly writers in my experience, who will engage back. But it will take time for that kind of thing, as it did on ex-twitter.
10:09 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Liz
A
In response to just alex.
Once I came aboard the Spoutible venue, I stopped going to Post, Mastodon and One other place that I can’t recall the name. X was exited - a given. I still peek in at fb as lots of friends and relatives still hang there. Plus I get local info, as well.
10:15 PM - Nov 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}