KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 1/4
I just read this article about trans kids and their families feeling forced to flee America & I have complicated feelings about it. It talked about how they feared draconian laws being passed in the future & the inability to access gender affirming care etc. which is all important. I’m just thinking
09:04 AM - Nov 12, 2023
KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 2/4
about the lives of LGBTQ+ people pre-LGBTQ+ rights. Pre-gender affirming care. And how we forced to stay & fight. But let’s be honest, only the wealthy can afford to flee the country. Hell, only the wealthy or connected can afford to relocate to another state within the US. I’m just thinking of all
09:04 AM - Nov 12, 2023
KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 3/4
the LGBTQ+ people who feel stuck & scared. Allll the marginalized/vulnerable who will never be able to flee .. who have to stay & fight bc it’s a matter of life and death on the daily. I’m not judging btw .. people have to do what they have to do. Like I said just processing complicated feelins
09:04 AM - Nov 12, 2023 (Edited)
KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 4/4
Makes me wonder if people ever even stop to think about what life was like for us before we had any rights at all … bc I remember everything. It was way worse than it is now. There’s a total disconnect from the past that comes with rights for some people. I personally am not one of those people.
09:17 AM - Nov 12, 2023 (Edited)
Liz N Is Not Your Mule
A
In response KansasCity FruitKace to their Spout
I think if you have LGBTQ+ children and can afford to move to somewhere safer, and want to, for them, you go.

Some of the conflicting thoughts are 1) can you also help someone else who can’t afford to move but wants to and 2) folks with the most resources to fight are leaving.
10:30 AM - Nov 12, 2023
KansasCity FruitKace
A
In response to Liz N Is Not Your Mule.
Yesss. It’s all so complex and conflicting.
10:31 AM - Nov 12, 2023
Michael Baker
A
In response KansasCity FruitKace to their Spout
It’s 2023, we have the biggest media system in history, with immediate access around the globe and still people live in their own echo chamber. And unless one is a Christian (nationalist), there’s hate, insanity, misinformation directed at people. And the unscrupulous use it for power.
09:22 AM - Nov 12, 2023