Graham Monamy
A
I keep seeing a lot of comments on the lack of "big names" on @Spoutible , and without them the platform lacks value... do you think Spoutible will only become a legitimate platform if big names / brands, e.g. Nike, Microsoft, or celebrities create accounts? #engagement #socialmedia @cbouzy

Yes

No

218 votes — 12:59 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Pedro Friedmann
A
In response to Graham Monamy.
"only" is a very strong word, but it certainly would help the platform IMO.
07:05 PM - Nov 12, 2023

Only followers of this user (Cderbie233) can see their posts

Diana Vaniotis
A
I've never responded to anyone, here or on the dead bird, who says, "hit the button and get me to x number of likes." It's not about the fame or popularity of a poster, but what someone has to say. Since many "known" journalists aren't here, I have really liked the addition of news feeds.
03:54 PM - Nov 12, 2023

Only followers of this user (Cderbie233) can see their posts

Dıanna
A
If I want that I can go to Insta.
03:15 PM - Nov 12, 2023
No
A
Spoutible is already a legitimate platform.
02:52 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
Big names should not be equated with legitimacy. That said, do I think it will be more challenging for Spoutible to attract advertisers or other forms of funding without big names? Probably. But is that what's needed to move forward and flourish? Absolutely not!
02:52 PM - Nov 12, 2023 (Edited)
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
I think this place will be huge before they even notice it.
02:51 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Bren
A
Maybe big names are here in cognito. How would we know and why is this the only way to be legit I wonder? I followed big names on Twitter some followed me but the ones I loved the best responded back in kind. The rest were just numbers
02:47 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
No
02:46 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
No.

It already is.

There are far more non-famous people in this world.

If famous want to come they are more than
welcome, but they will have to do the work, like everyone.
02:43 PM - Nov 12, 2023 (Edited)
Kevin Hilbiber
A
Its already legit. I'm here and sure there are crawlers but pfft. Bring our best game it kind of works out.
02:42 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Socio-gen
A
1. Spoutible already is a "legitimate platform."

2. Brands and celebrities follow the audience, not the other way around.
02:13 PM - Nov 12, 2023 (Edited)
Book Club
A
Spoutible already IS a legitimate platform. That being said, I'd be thrilled to see Kamala Harris &/or Megan Markle open an account here.
01:54 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Chuck McManis
A
Way too often people see this backwards. There were very few "celebrities" on Twitter early on, mostly just engineers and other netizens. It grew as a fun, safe, place for hot takes and one-liners. That attracted "big names" that wanted that.
01:39 PM - Nov 12, 2023
_++ __X
A
Maybe not big celebrities, but, maybe something like niche celebrities. I followed several Microsoft employees, a few journalists and maybe a few others who draw an audience because of their job or some kind of status. These kind of accounts can gather a lot of people and create interesting content.
01:38 PM - Nov 12, 2023
Gordon Price
A
Don't want 'em. Anyone who is just shilling a product, or worse yet a "brand", is just useless. Let them ruin Threads instead. I hope Spoutible stays real people. Famous people are ok as long as they are real here. If they are just in character for their brand, see above.
01:31 PM - Nov 12, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to Gordon Price.
ITA.

I'm not here so big names or influencer wannabes can use me & other followers to make themselves appear important in efforts to line their own pockets by monetizing their accounts.

We have folks here following, protecting, schooling & laughing with cyber friends.if it's not for you, Go.
02:48 PM - Nov 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}