RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/8
Okay, y'all wanna know how to beat the GOP, MAGA, and their billionaire donors, and the corpo press? It's called GOTV, donating through ActBlue (and other affiliated dem-leaning PACs) registering to vote, checking registration to vote, getting others to the polls, and voting.
08:31 PM - Nov 14, 2023
A
thread 2/8
As well as doing homework on all candidates in the primaries. We already know to vote for Joe Biden (and by extension Kamala Harris). Even down ballot you gotta do the homework of the candidate. If one seems sketch to you, then something's wrong.
A
thread 3/8
You have the right to ask them hard questions they're keeping quiet on. The big one is "who's founding your campaign along with the people and the PACs." That should be easy, but if they don't wanna answer, or give vagaries...then you have to vote against them, for the more open person.
A
thread 4/8
Another question to ask is straight up "Are you going to switch parties midterm to appease the GOP?" This should be used against the Tricia Cotham types whom ran as democrats, but switched as Republicans causing problems. As for others whom are thinking about it, they now will be on notice.
A
thread 5/8
They know they will be watched. The biggest thing however is your mind set. I noticed here that the stories of Trump being like Hitler, or Mussolini has caused great panic. I have said prior that warning people of dangerous people is okay. Causing panic does not help, and is self defeating.
A
thread 6/8
It also should be noted, that being doomeristic is also self-defeating. In 2020, I can admit I did doom scrolling the week of November 8 when Biden had won Pennsylvania. Also the same kind of doom scrolling, searching, posting when Trump decided to commit his crimes.
A
thread 7/8
In 2021, mid 2021 in fact...I learned to quit panicking, quit dooming, quit being fatalistic, etc...you know being an Eeyore. Yes your mindset determines the turnout at the polls. If you fight for every vote, and believe you will win, then you will win. If you're an Eeyore...well...
A
thread 8/8
It's just going to be a self fulfilling prophecy. We have less than a year for election day 2024. We can, and WILL win. All we have to do is work, donate, register to vote, vote, GOTV, and ultimately not be fatalistic, or defeatists. We have the power in our hands, let's use it!

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}