Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/5
#Acceptance #Learning

I don’t like repeating stuff that is already floating around, but in this instance, I think I will say a few words.

Whatever country you call home, it is not the only country on this planet, and your country is no better overall than another.
10:55 AM - Nov 18, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/5
Whatever language you use, it is not the only language on this planet, and your language is no better than any other language.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/5
No matter what food you eat, what movies you like, what music you enjoy, or what customs you practice, your choices are no better, more fun, or more important than any other.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/5
If you want to broaden your human experience, if you want to be a more fully rounded person, if you want to take joy in all that life has to offer, you should be willing to learn about new things. New food, new languages, new music, new dances, new customs.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/5
If you want to be accepted, you must accept others, or your life will lack the richness that is the whole human experience.

As you shun so shall you be shunned.

Open up and let the wonderful in.
Marcy H
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
I am hearing the song Finlandia/This is My Song in my head as I read your thread here.

…But other lands have sunlight too, and clover,
And skies are everywhere as blue as mine.
O hear my song, thou (gods) of all the nations,
A song of peace for their land and for mine.
09:42 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Rev HokieBruin
A
In response to Marcy H.
"This is My Song" is my counter suggestion whenever someone asks me if we can sing some kind of "patriotic" song during worship on the Sunday before Independence Day.
11:03 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Marcy H.
I, too, immediately thought of this song; it well addresses our proclivities towards over-zealous nationalism. (Yes, be proud of your country [where warranted]...but know that others have the same amount of pride about *their* country; learn why *other* countries are great, too!)
11:14 AM - Jan 08, 2024
André Ware
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾!!!
11:39 AM - Nov 18, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to André Ware.
Thank you very much, André. 😊
11:50 AM - Nov 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}