Elijah Manley
A
Stop telling people in Florida to just move. Moving is expensive and not everyone can afford to leave and start everything over. I’m also not going to just move from my home, where I have grown and loved because a fascist dictator wants me to. I’m fighting to take back my home.
02:25 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Ashanti- Na
A
In response to Elijah Manley.
Should Black Americans not have fled the South in the "Great Migrations," to escape the violence and oppression of the Jim Crow South? Millions of poor Black Americans left their homes and elderly behind and fled North in one of the greatest movements of people in the world. I am already gone.
03:33 AM - Mar 18, 2024
Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister
A
Good on you!
People don’t realize that it’s actually HARDER to stay & defend your home, but it is the right thing to do.
Those of us in Tennessee hear the same thing.
05:39 PM - Oct 10, 2023
Dad For Ever
A
Every time some fascist/bigot/misogynist forces us to back down, to clear the way for them, we have in fact helped them advance.

No more.

"Never again" is now.

#NeverAgainIsNow
01:23 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Eljay Sixty
A
While those with established jobs and homes may stay, how will you convince young people to do the same?
06:25 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Eljay Sixty.
A friend of mine who'd been in FL for decades moved back north after retiring from the university system where she was a professor—despite her elderly mother living in FL! She told me she's planning to mail back her emeritus certificate, perhaps with a choice letter to the gov, whom she detests.
01:56 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
More Power To You.
05:58 AM - Jul 14, 2023
sr gillespie
A
We are, too. DeSantis and his minions are not forever, if we do this right.
04:07 PM - Apr 02, 2023
lorraine aylward
A
03:39 AM - Mar 21, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
Good for you.
07:14 AM - Mar 09, 2023
Lady Lecondoliak (she/her)
A
I moved from Florida because I couldn't afford to live there anymore. I was priced out of the market. I'm middle class; I don't know how anyone can survive in Florida being middle or lower middle class. Best of luck fighting fascism in Florida. I'm working on containing DeSantis to only Florida.
11:58 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Lady Lecondoliak (she/her).
DeathSatan loves to talk about the low taxes, but what about the cost of housing & home insurance?
01:56 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Mask Wearing Amy
A
You're damn right, sir.
10:33 PM - Mar 02, 2023
MJ Smith
A
Absolutely, but the Bugs Bunny GIF is still hilarious.
07:54 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Mask Wearing Amy
A
In response to MJ Smith.
Yes, as usual, Bugs is hilarious.
10:34 PM - Mar 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

BobbieJ51
A
In response to Anne NotOfCleves.
I have friends that moved there last year. They were very active in the GA Dem Party. They said FL was more promise politically than GA. I'm still confused about that. Now, they refuse to talk about politics, & literally go to Disney World every single day. It's weird. I worry about them.
09:08 AM - Mar 04, 2023
sr gillespie
A
Like everyone else, moving is not feasible at this late stage of the game. Our plan is to outlast and outvote the little dictator's playbook to change Florida into his fiefdom. If everyone leaves then they win. We certainly can't let that happen.
07:41 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Lorelei La
A
Thank you! Florida is a beautiful place with lots of good people (including my family!) and it’s worth fighting for!
02:31 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Where are the Seminole and Miccosukee Nations supposed to go? That is the last remaiing part of their homeland they have #Sovereignty
08:34 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Obi
A
It's the young people that will save Florida.
06:33 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Obi.
The exact people best positioned to leave & least likely to tolerate what's happening in education & politically, as well as least likely to be able to afford is exorbitant housing costs.
01:58 PM - Jul 15, 2023
LaRonda Robinson
A
Thank you. Someone needs to rescue Florida from DeathSantis. We still have children, grands and greatgrands there. I wish they would move here to Jamaica.
06:33 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Josol
A
People assume everyone in these red states all are Republicans. There are many Democrats in these areas fighting to change it to blue. I, like you, am stuck in Florida- I can’t just leave and I shouldn’t have to. We should be supporting Dems in these states- not cutting them down!
06:05 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Laura Marlin
A
Thank you, Elijah! You are such a welcome voice here in Florida! You are giving me hope!
04:28 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Elijah Manley
A
In response to Laura Marlin.
❤️
05:37 PM - Mar 01, 2023
TheRealDap
A
Coming from a blue state like NY and moving to the still red state of Georgia, I understand you and agree the fight is worth it. Soldier on, brother!👊🏿
03:44 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Beth Pink
A
I very well would likely be the 'I gotta just get outta here' type, so I admire your guts and your love of your home!
Let's keep supporting those who want to kick the fascists out, rather than give up! 💕💖
03:01 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Elijah Manley
A
In response to Beth Pink.
I hear you, and won’t knock anyone who makes the choice to leave. It’s a hard choice.
05:37 PM - Mar 01, 2023
cam campbell
A
Exactly move for what when I was here first.
02:52 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
Thank you. I'm tired of people telling me to just move out of FL. The hubs and I are reaching retirement age and moving is not possible right now.
02:47 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Allison S
A
yep, same for us in Louisiana.
Nicole Jobson, M.S. Ed.
A
Exactly.

The theory is easy, the practice is not.

Actual considerations: new job; replacing health insurance; $15,000 in packing/transportation/moving costs; sell home/find new home; new school; leave family and community.

We stay and fight.
Fuzzywunkle
A
I moved to Florida and now the blue dot is now a tiny bit bigger.
02:46 PM - Mar 01, 2023
SirMikeAlot
A
Yeah, but the humidity 😉
02:46 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Anne Worner
A
I live in Texas, and I hear the same thing. Moving is expensive. I don't get why people say the things they say, seemingly without thinking them over.
02:45 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Hellcat Lissa
A
👏🏻Thank you!👏🏻
02:42 PM - Mar 01, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
Also, if people had moved from AZ to blue states, we wouldn’t have flipped this state.
02:42 PM - Mar 01, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}