Charlotte Clymer
A
Yeah, this is great news, and also, let's try to avoid giving Eli Lilly credit for lowering the cost of insulin when they could have done it years ago and chose not to do so until after widespread criticism and numerous unnecessary deaths of those struggling with diabetes.
04:01 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Charlotte Clymer.
Well summarized. The free market works for innovation until it doesn't (e.g. price of insulin, Epipen, etc. When it does, government should step in to address the issue (either carrot / stick to fix the issue). I think government should use this to expand the effort for other meds (like Epipen).
09:23 PM - Mar 01, 2023
nottooloud
A
08:29 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Erica
A
On top of that PBMs and insurance companies are now removing those brands of insulin from their formularies. We shouldn’t be paying anything OOP for medicines.
07:01 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Kat K
A
I don't think they need a parade, but change happened which is what we all wanted and they should get credit for that. An oversimplified comparison of your argument would be "I paid back all my student loans, so you should too". If we don't credit change, we're unlikely to see more of it
05:52 PM - Mar 01, 2023
TheQuietOne
A
I'd say they owe a lot of people refunds.
05:44 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Jesse Elin Browne
A
I disagree -- Eli Lily deserves credit for finally doing it. They could NEVER have done this and it's a good thing for so many people. (True they could have rolled back prices earlier - but they've done it NOW).
If we do make a big deal, perhaps others will do the same thing. Publicity can be good.
05:32 PM - Mar 01, 2023
JoAnna Perkins
A
I think a majority of the credit goes to the person that pretended to be them on twitter.
04:36 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Alicia Mendoza
A
Nah..they could have done this decades ago! They get no accolades for this. At least not from me.
04:03 PM - Mar 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}