KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 1/6
Pep talk for those who need it - ready? -

Stop allowing the media to keep you in a state of panic. You aren’t helping anything by being overwhelmed & frozen in fear. Every election we’ve had since 2020 has shown Democrats as victors. It will take time to regain what we lost in 2016 but we CAN and
09:29 AM - Nov 21, 2023
KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 2/6
WILL if everyone pitches in and does their part. The knuckledraggers are fewer but louder. The media has its own agenda. That agenda is to maintain white supremacy & power & tax cuts. That’s it. Bc the people who own the media conglomerates are cishet white men. Turn off the tv. Give your mind & ❤️
KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 3/6
a break. Write postcards to voters. Volunteer locally for the Dem party. Sign up to work the polls. Do something constructive. Whatever you can do. Spread HOPE. GOTV. When we vote we change things. WE have the power to change the trajectory of this country. So LFG. Rest when you need to. But cmon ya
KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 4/6
y’all .. we gotta stop the doom and gloom. It’s not helping. When we fight .. we win. Fight. Go back and brush up on all the positive changes since Biden/Harris came into office. There’s TONS. Let the trump & co investigations work themselves out. They will & it will be glorious. But that shit takes
KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 5/6
time. Focus on what you can control. We got this. Do not let the media keep you despondent. That’s what they want .. so you’ll continue to tune in .. so they’ll continue to make that money. We know the game by now. Play smarter.
KansasCity FruitKace
A
thread 6/6
Listen to Black women, to the marginalized/vulnerable bc we’ve been fighting this same exact fight our entire lives. We know what we speak.
09:37 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Mary Schreiber
A
In response KansasCity FruitKace to their Spout
Thank you! 💙💜❤
08:06 PM - Nov 21, 2023
JIlda Nettleton
A
Listen to independent media! Support independent media however you can.
04:00 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Lisa Hannon
A
11:59 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
This is all excellent advice.
Also, I find it helpful to listen to folks who have studied autocracies and understand how they get a foothold--as well as what we have to do to root them out.

I don't consider understanding history to be panic-inducing. I find context extremely important.
10:55 AM - Nov 21, 2023
StephForJustice
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
Agree! Am currently listening to Heather Cox Richardson’s Democracy Awakening for this very reason!
06:08 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Carol Glynn
B
TY! I wish MO would get their shit together. It's beginning, but Republicans have a 20 yr headstart on destroying everything they can. I will never give up!
10:41 AM - Nov 21, 2023