Professor Kyle
A
"If fascism takes over in the U.S., where will we go?" Nowhere. If that were to happen, fascism would be everywhere, sooner or later – we're in a global fight against fascism, bigotry, & hate right now. We need to stand up & fight, not flee to "blue states" or Canada or a utopia that doesn't exist.
11:59 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Mary Ohlson
B
In response to Professor Kyle.
My head tells me you are right, but my heart wants to flee the hate.
07:44 PM - Nov 22, 2023
Elainecp
A
Moving to blue states is totally legit. Women deserve to have health care and all people deserve to be free from fear.
11:50 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Elainecp.
For sure, but many can't move, for a variety of reasons. And if all liberal minded people who are able to move out of such states do so, they're abandoning marginalized people who are stuck there being oppressed.
12:03 PM - Nov 22, 2023
BigMommaLurka
A
The sooner people understand that, "YES, this is happening here", the sooner we can get the majority into the Resistance.
11:08 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Movie Vigilante
A
There were two protests here in Canada during the pandemic that shut down Ottawa and The Ambassador bridge in Windsor, Ont. The number of Trump flags on display was disturbing. Our shared border is not impervious to extreme ideology. We have our own fight to battle.
08:14 AM - Nov 22, 2023
darryl
A
We have no alternative.
We must vote.
We must vote for the right people.
We must vote for the right issues.
We must protest in support of all just causes.
Not someone else or over there, our nation is everywhere and all of us are we the people
08:09 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Movie Vigilante
A
Even Canada is no utopia. We are fighting our own fight against fascism here because many of our citizens seek to mimic the fascist behaviour of our extremist neighbours to the south.
08:02 AM - Nov 22, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
If it spreads further it is a choice. Ignore the narrative put out by the msm (owned by those with the agenda) They are out of balance. Hoarding is an illness and the people who have more money and power than is healthy requires an intervention not more if what they are collecting .Need Therapy!
07:52 AM - Nov 22, 2023
RealAntifaHQ
A
Doesn't make much sense to be anti-fascist from a distance . . .
02:03 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Progressive Joe
A
It always pisses me off when people say stupid shit like "I'm moving to Canada".

Canada doesn't want you, most likely. I don't blame them either.
11:38 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Movie Vigilante
A
In response to Progressive Joe.
Not to mention that we are battling our own fight against fascists here in Canada. We can't rest on our laurels.
08:05 AM - Nov 22, 2023

Only followers of this user (MaryPocrnic) can see their posts

HereWe GoAgain
A
In response to Jane Austen's RomCom Mistress.
I just said this to family/friends who keep asking why I don’t move back to Canada. I’m 🇨🇦 🇺🇸. First and foremost it will be no different there. Also it’s expensive as hell. I like my little patch of blue here in Fl and willing to fight to keep it this way.
05:32 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Movie Vigilante
A
In response to Jane Austen's RomCom Mistress.
💯
08:06 AM - Nov 22, 2023
John Roche
A
Exactly!
09:55 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Indivisible
A
it was predicted a 100 yrs ago that Fascism would attempt to rise
08:55 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Jacsmoore @
A
In response to Indivisible.
100 years ago, fascism WAS on the rise!
11:18 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
We take a stand where we are...and man the ballot boxes! That is what we do! We take our country back!
07:16 PM - Nov 21, 2023
NewsSportsINC
A
Agreed
04:16 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
We need to remember we are voting for the entire planet; The survival of all democracies and the biological survival of the planet. As a large global power we influence the rest of the world and we ought to behave like responsible adults. None of this is hyperbole- tell your friends and VOTE !!
03:27 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Ground Control
A
Indeed, this is the kind of problem that running away never solved. We drop or they drop. And regardless of which one does, this battle will be fought again in a later time. In the meantime, let's win this one, shall we?
03:23 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Donna Jones
B
This might an unpopular opinion, but my husband and I moved from a very red state to a blue one. We just could not justify paying taxes to a conservative red state.

We moved from Indiana. The legislation is backwards there and not moving forward at all.
02:46 PM - Nov 21, 2023 (Edited)
Wayne Fryback
A
In response to Donna Jones.
I grew up in Indiana. It makes me sad going back to visit my family there. I loved it there when I was growing up, but I don't recognize it anymore. ☹️
10:06 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
Here in Ohio we just took a giant step toward restoring democracy. The nonpartisan citizens redistricting mission constitutional amendment petitions have been approved & will hit the streets shortly. Expect a flood of lies from the right which likely won't work as well as they did last time.
02:28 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Ann Werner
A
In response to Anastasia Joy.
One of my best friends from Stow has volunteered her time to the effort. Go Ohio! Time to take back your state!
05:53 PM - Nov 22, 2023
William Turner
A
In response to Anastasia Joy.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:34 PM - Nov 22, 2023
Michelle M
A
I agree. My husband and I fantasize about leaving if the orange one gets elected, but in reality I know we're here to stay. I wouldn't want to leave family and friends.
01:51 PM - Nov 21, 2023
PS Annie
A
Correct. I'm Canadian and I'm here to tell you that the pro-facists are here too.
01:41 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Mynxie
A
In response to PS Annie.
Yep, the pro-fascists are here in Canada too
#NeverVoteConservative #NeverEver
01:51 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to PS Annie.
And in. Europe. As a disgusted American it upsets me to no end that fascism is infecting “more sane” places like Canada and Europe. Western democracy is at risk everywhere and I hope it’s a wake up call to ALL people who care about democracy. How easily the aggrieved bigots are bought.
02:11 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
Without question!
12:53 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Ben De Nevis
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
12:42 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Ben De Nevis.
Wow. Thought at first this was an Alex Jones project — this basically echoes him. So I looked it up & it's a dictator-loving, Putin-worshipping far "left" horseshoe conspiracy site. And viciously anti-Semitic, it's clear.
02:38 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Amy Mitchell
A
I am in a blue state
12:12 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense
A
In response to Amy Mitchell.
Do you believe that you are safe from fascism in your “blue” state?
12:39 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Amy Mitchell.
In an authoritarian fascist country, there are no "blue states," no parties, obviously no functional voting, no democracy & no Constitution (Constitution is already basically non-functional with the 6-3 rightwing takeover of SCOTUS). Enforced with military power/violence. That is TFG's plan for 🇺🇸
03:16 PM - Nov 21, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
As The Eagles wrote, "There is no new frontier, we have got to make it here." The challenges are a bit different and more ever present than the 1970's though.
12:11 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Madelon Wise
A
I agree with you. I have a number of friends who are talking about moving to another country. One of them is going around, saying Biden‘s gonna lose Biden‘s gonna lose and I think that this possibility of getting German citizenship is really making her arrogant.
12:10 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to Madelon Wise.
Because there have never been authoritarian issues in Germany 🙄
12:25 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Bob Atayi
A
In response to Madelon Wise.
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news for your friend but AFD which is an extreme right-wing political party is currently leading in the polls in Germany. Extremism is everywhere. We can definitely win in next year's election. We just have to work hard to earn it.
01:47 PM - Nov 21, 2023 (Edited)
Pamela
A
Also, it sounds like a comment from a privileged person. Other folks have been dealing with forms of oppression already.
12:06 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Pamela.
Exactly. Marginalized groups have been living under what could be considered fascism forever.
12:08 PM - Nov 21, 2023
DannyG
B
we’re seeing in real time what people would have done in nazi Germany. they would have ran.
12:03 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to DannyG.
Ran – or been complicit.
12:17 PM - Nov 21, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}