Professor Kyle
A
I want better terms than left & right. Some on the left are blatantly antisemitic &/or think what I'm fighting for–equity, equality, justice–are "distractions." Not to mention Mao, Stalin, Castro, etc. were supposedly "leftists." Might go with democratic v. authoritarian; or maybe just good v. evil.
03:33 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Leon Black
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
The political compass does a good job of expressing things, albeit not with single word descriptors.
https://www.politicalcompa...
05:23 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Leon Black
A
In response to Leon Black.
For the record, here's my results.
05:23 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Dréa25
A
Compassionates and Haters

I'm only half joking with this response.
04:07 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Dréa25.
Love it.
04:08 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
I've been around a long time. I've never before seen such a clean and distinctive break between our two political parties. I think your "good-vs-evil" label really about covers it these days; there's no room for nuance in such times. We're literally fighting for our political (and actual) lives.
04:06 PM - Nov 21, 2023
SoundNFury
A
How about "pro-assholery" and "anti-assholery."

That seems to be the differential quite often these days.

And I agree. After hearing some self-proclaimed "leftists" or "progressives" - I think maybe I'm not so much a progressive. But I really think they have hijacked that term.
03:42 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to SoundNFury.
Yeah, while I never liked the term leftist (because of Stalin & Mao...) I did & do consider myself extremely progressive...but I think other people have a different definition of what that means.
03:44 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Ground Control
A
Andrew Vachss had the best description for the extremes when he described it as a Mobius strip. I look on such authoritarians as enemies of all life on this planet AND a necessary obstacle to build our own side's political muscle.
03:41 PM - Nov 21, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
A horseshoe to be sure. It gets really bad when the tips are close and start staring at each other approvingly.
03:37 PM - Nov 21, 2023