Tristan Snell
A
TODAY: Egg producers LIABLE for price fixing scheme, per new verdict by federal jury.

The 2 top egg producers, Cal Maine and Rose Acre, and 2 top industry groups, were raising and fixing egg prices.

Case now moves to a damages phase.

YES, inflation was partly price gouging.
09:46 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Vagabond Jim
A
In response to Tristan Snell.
The case involved price fixing 15 years ago. Yes price gouging is absolutely part of our recent inflationary outbreak. But alas this cannot be associated with that.
09:27 PM - Nov 22, 2023
Shortylegs Fields
A
Hadn't heard nothing about this on the news. Thank you for posting and keeping us updated. MMM, now wondering how many other companies may have done the same??
06:50 PM - Nov 22, 2023
Kim
A
No wonder i was confused. Thank you HEB!
01:46 PM - Nov 22, 2023
Anton Markwart
A
They thought nobody would notice that they hatched this scheme! I hope the courts don't go over easy on them.
08:01 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Harmony
A
I'm watching Food, Inc right now. It is disturbing to see the way our foods is produced. We have a handful of corporations that are responsible for the whole supply chain. When that happens the quality of food is questionable and it also allows for price fixing. We need to break up the monopolies.
07:55 AM - Nov 22, 2023
W Media
A
majority of citizens already knew this. where I live eggs were ~$3 +...which was cheap compared to many other stores
06:38 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Pam Miller
A
And the voters who need to know this will never hear it, it’s still all Biden’s fault on those stations.
01:39 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Pam Miller.
Despite my near-constant* attempts to prove OTW with facts, data, & stories like above, presented to sisIL, who’s still reachable despite her HARD R father.
*trying to stay under the annoying line
07:13 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Pam Miller.
Keeping the White House in 2024 cannot be achieved by winning over Trump voters. They are well & truly a lost cause. We win by turning out somewhat disaffected Dem & left-leaning Indy intermittent voters. Very few of those voters are on Spoutible. Turning them out requires GOTV volunteer hours.
07:50 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Shirley Kennedy
B
The prices have been inching up for several years now at the grocery stores.The weight of the product has been shrinking. Use to be 16 oz was the norm now it’s 10-12 oz.There is no reason for food to be this high. It does not cost that much to grow it & get it to market. It is pure corporate greed.
01:17 AM - Nov 22, 2023
Madrigal Rose
A
Was? Here in DeSantistan it's always gougy. 😡
10:27 PM - Nov 21, 2023
natnewscot
A
It was the major part.
10:20 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
Well, Kraft and Kellogg's will make out in the law suit...and the people who paid for higher eggs, and higher cereal and whatever else they make with eggs...just get screwed anyway.
09:59 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Dawn
A
And republicans used this as a political weapon instead of fighting for Americans, as usual.
09:58 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Linda Roderick
A
Well, their little scheme didn't work on me, I didn't buy eggs until the prices came down.
09:57 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Happy Cat
A
price gouging is no yolk
09:50 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Casey Wagner
A
There was serious price gouging among the groceries stores here in Canada. They claimed they "needed" to raise grocery prices by 30% in a year to cope with rising costs of transportation, etc. but they did it against a 3% cost to them.
09:50 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Casey Wagner
A
In response to Casey Wagner.
They did the same thing during the "Mad Cow" scare from Alberta two decades ago.
When a couple of cows had it, the main distributors would only pay the independents 10 cents on the dollar for beef. Yet the price in stores only dropped 10 cents on the dollar. The rest went into their pockets.
09:51 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Joe Wiegert
A
All I can picture is these stupid villains sitting on their piles of cash going "Eggscellent work, my fellow disgustingtons."
09:49 PM - Nov 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}