David Schwartz
A
thread 1/5
Abigail Mor Idan, the 3-year-old American girl held hostage by Hamas, will be freed as part of the deal.

Who's Abigail?

🧵👇🏻 Read the thread below:

I'm having tears while typing.
12:48 AM - Nov 22, 2023
David Schwartz
A
thread 2/5
On Oct 7, Roy Idan, a news photographer, went outside his home in Kibbutz Kfar Aza to capture the first images of incoming rockets, but once he realized to what extent it was happening, he quickly ran home, hoping to save his family.
David Schwartz
A
thread 3/5
Roy found his kids Michael, 9, Amalya, 6, and Abigail, 3, outside; they told him that they just witnessed their mother Smadar being killed.

He quickly grabbed Abigail and started running with his kids for shelter.

While running for their lives, they bumped into a Hamas gunman who shot Roy.
David Schwartz
A
thread 4/5
Amalya covered her eyes, thinking she'd be next. When she took off her hands, she saw her father dead, laying on top of Abigail.

Amalya and her brother Michael quickly ran off, hid in a closet for 14 hours, and told their relatives on the phone that their parents and sister were dead.
David Schwartz
A
thread 5/5
Meanwhile, Abigail crawled out from under her father’s body, full of his blood, and ran to the neighbor who was hiding with her 3 kids in a bomb shelter, the father of that family was outside fighting terrorists.

When he came home, his wife, kids and Abigail were missing.

They were taken hostage.
Roxy Meloni
A
In response to David Schwartz.
This is so horrible. I cry for this little girl and her family. I cry for the Jewish people and for humanity.
01:29 AM - Nov 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}