Robert Reich
A
What corporate America says: “No one wants to work anymore.”

The truth: No one wants to be exploited anymore.
Debunking “No One Wants To Work Anymore” | Robert Reich - YouTube

What corporate America says: “No one wants to work anymore.”The truth: No one wants to be exploited anymore.Watch more: Debunking 4 Myths About Inflation ►► ...

07:39 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Tyreek Hill
A
In response to Robert Reich.
@rbreich The real question is are the people who are applying (Black people) being hired?
10:09 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:37 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
I agree. People have ‘woke’ up. For many it was hard to sleep anyway. Post pandemic, many are fully awake. It is the convergence of this issue, with blk people still fighting for rights, and gay people still seeking acceptance that fuels the idea of taking a country back. Back to ‘do what I say.’
09:47 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Indigo
A
💯💯💯
09:42 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Kim Adams
A
Fools, ppl don't want to carry corporations on their backs. While living in their vehicles. Tell your shareholders to shove it.
01:36 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
What is not talked about often is labor Force participation rate.

The Canadian labor force participation rate is alarming it currently stands at 65.7%, USA 62.84%

That means on any day nearly 40% aren’t even looking the work.
01:04 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Phil Loomis
A
In response to Greg Dickson.
I'm not looking for work. I'm retired. And there are many more like me. Are we included in your 40%?

What do you think is "the number" for optimum work force participation?
08:43 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Brian Tanner
A
In response to Greg Dickson.
Retirees and students are factored in that number. I don’t believe school children are.

But 30-45% non working adult population seems entirely reasonable to me. That will include non-working parents and full-time caregivers.

Businesses need to provide benefits and PTO for all of their employees.
07:30 PM - Aug 06, 2023
RedLeader
A
It's the same in the UK. The cost of living is skyrocketing, but we're being told don't ask for pay rises despite high inflation, obscenely high gas/electric bills and people barely being able to afford to eat or pay bills. They just want to reward big business and screw us over.
11:09 AM - Mar 02, 2023 (Edited)
MEAction NOW
A
Very true!!
09:56 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
not to mention plus minus 1 million dead of covid. like my brother. he worked. but now he’s dead (2 years this weekend) & he’s no longer available for employment.
08:54 PM - Mar 01, 2023 (Edited)
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
I'm sorry for your loss. The missing as a result of Covid deaths and disability is in the millions; yet rarely gets discussed.
05:48 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Blue Over Florida
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
Plus millions still ill after reinfections with #COVID even if not classed as #LOngCOVID . The novel coronavirus variants like #XBB15 are in the air everywhere & people are having their third, fourth or fifth reinfection with #SARSCoV2 . @DrEricDing has wisdom to share, as does @1goodtern .
05:54 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Kim Hamilton
A
I agree that paying individuals a living wage will help. But the mininum wage in many states have not increased at all. People are barely getting by and have to work two more or more jobs. I know I have done this in the last two years during pandemic but left due to my mental health.
07:49 PM - Mar 01, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}