Deanna Fry
A
I am taking off my journalist hat and posting this just as citizen of the world. I do not celebrate “thanksgiving” and rather recognize today as the National Day of Mourning for our indigenous people. However I do not judge anyone for their personal traditions. I just wish more empathy for us all.
03:51 PM - Nov 23, 2023
Julia *NEW!* Gulia RN
A
In response to Deanna Fry.
❤️
01:29 PM - Nov 24, 2023
f r e d k i p t e r
A
thank you
12:09 PM - Nov 24, 2023
Ben De Nevis
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:00 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
"Decolonize" Thanksgiving? There's a story in today's Smithsonian email showing that Thanksgiving dinners are mostly traditions invented long after the fact. I'm not sure what you'd "decolonize." I think that word is on the verge of expanding to the point losing meaning.
04:45 PM - Nov 23, 2023
Orlando Fuentes
A
🙏
04:28 PM - Nov 23, 2023
Jonathan Hecht (He/Him)
A
#Landback

I choose to celebrate Thanksgiving with a reminder that the story Pilgrims and Indians we’ve all been fed is a 19th C. historical revision and fiction meant to hide the true history and meaning of this day.
Like all lies, the myth of Pilgrims and Indians always felt flat.
Because it is.
04:06 PM - Nov 23, 2023
Jonathan Hecht (He/Him)
A
In response to Jonathan Hecht (He/Him).
#Landback

Before the Civil War some parts of the country celebrated thanksgiving days, others did not.

Thanksgiving was however a tradition among deeply religious Abolitionists in the Northeast. As was the regional specialty pumpkin pie.

Among these were persons like Abolitionist and..
04:09 PM - Nov 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}