Read aBannedBook
A
thread 1/5
I've been on here since February, and I can't say for sure what kind of spouts will get more engagement than others.

Some get lots of likes and end up in viral. A Bouzy bump can help too.

Some aren't as popular like-wise but involve interesting conversations.

Some just fall into the void.
05:59 PM - Nov 26, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
thread 2/5
Even a quality spout can fall flat. Maybe it's timing, maybe it's something else.

But I do know that engagement takes work. You can't just pop in periodically and expect instant gratification.

It takes patience and tenacity. And being yourself without being self-conscious about it.
Read aBannedBook
A
thread 3/5
It reminds me of art in a way. You can tell when a painter overthinks. The painting looks stifled and self-conscious. It looks unnatural. The art did not flow from within.

I do know that the worst thing to do is complain as if you're entitled to attention. Or try to get attention by being a jerk.
Read aBannedBook
A
thread 4/5
You may be the character of the day, and get lots of notifications, but it'll likely be your 15 minutes of infamy and people will move on.

But, at less than a year, Spoutible is new and not yet expansive. As Aaron would say, we're not even out of the driveway.
Read aBannedBook
A
thread 5/5
At some point we'll talk less about the mechanics and focus more on content. Content about the world and life, all aspects to where there's something for everybody.

At some point other social media platforms will be sharing screenshots of spouts.

We'll get there.
Lightstar (I Follow Back)
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Greetings from the void
07:19 PM - Nov 26, 2023
Karen Monroy
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Great thread!
06:08 PM - Nov 26, 2023