Michael J Elston
A
Despite months of whining to pollsters about inflation, Americans spent big this Black Friday. (Correcting earlier, sales were up 7.5% over last Black Friday. And spending may've been as high as $16 billion.) We, in fact, set a new record for Black Friday spending online.
Michael J Elston @BuzzBurbank
Yes, Virginia, there IS inflation.
BUT Virginia & her friends spent $9.8 BILLION on Black Friday shopping this year--2% more than they spent last year.
08:14 AM - Nov 27, 2023
10:22 AM - Nov 27, 2023
Lynn Dewees
A
In response to Michael J Elston.
Have these numbers been corrected for inflation? Inflation has raised prices so the total amount spent could be higher even if people bought less
08:39 AM - Nov 28, 2023
Bart De Bear
A
Buzz,

Sure, the price of the corporate-greed, profit-inflated items we use every day have dropped significantly thanks to Dark-Brandon but I may have to vote third-party because an 800-inch 128K TV is still out of my price range and how can the Average-Brandon deal with things like that I ask you?
06:40 AM - Nov 28, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
My theory on that is when MAGA/GQP gets interviewed they rail against inflation with little to no pushback from the talking heads so people figure it must be fact. I saw this movie during the 2016 campaign when the MORON was saying the worst economy ever when it wasn't even true.
10:29 AM - Nov 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}