Read aBannedBook
A
Providing insurance to the uninsured is the best part of ACA, but many people don't realize that it also helped people who were already insured.

Insurance companies can no longer refuse to cover pre-existing conditions.

ACA prohibits annual and lifetime limits on benefits.

That's a big deal.
10:56 PM - Nov 27, 2023
TuttiFrutti50
B
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Exactly why Repubs want to kill it.
04:13 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Mc Crispy
A
There are still loopholes that need to be addressed, like diagnosing someone with the definition of their illness, rather than the actual name, thereby not having to covering it.

But on the whole, the ACA was the best thing to happen to insurance since it was introduced.
11:44 PM - Nov 28, 2023
Stephen Maytan
A
Many companies had $1 million lifetime caps.

If that were still the case, my 8-year-old would have about $150,000 left after a NICU stay and a few surgeries.

Imagine having to go through your entire life with only $150,000 of coverage.

People that want to go back to that are evil fuckers
11:43 PM - Nov 28, 2023
Quatro Quatro
A
The pre-existing conditions bullshit was the biggest scam ever, that’s one of the best things ever to happen to healthcare for sure.
10:02 PM - Nov 28, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
My private insurer also doesn't charge a deductible for routine preventive care appointments. This may be part of the legislation, or it may just be something they expected to get pressure on from employers. Either way, it's a good thing.
04:48 PM - Nov 28, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
I thought the wellness thing was part of the legislation, but I'd have to doublecheck. I think my insurer paid for wellness before ACA but also not sure since that was awhile ago.
05:02 PM - Nov 28, 2023
SLS StickFigure
A
It's also an obvious reason why the GOP's benefactors are so against it.
11:06 AM - Nov 28, 2023
Patsy
A
"ACA prohibits annual and lifetime limits on benefits."

Saved my life. Twice.
💙🩵💙🩵
10:44 AM - Nov 28, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Patsy.
Yay!
07:32 PM - Nov 28, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
This self(currently UN)-employed amputee (after being T-boned by a 15yo running a red light in a stolen vehicle) wholeheartedly agrees!!!!
10:41 AM - Nov 28, 2023
roxannehawn
A
+ for the longest time I assumed we would NOT qualify for any help from ACA, so I WAY, way, way overpaid for years. Thankfully, I was forced to learn better a couple years ago. For 2024, thanks to ACA help, my monthly insurance premiums are actually going down about $175/month!!! I'm so grateful.
10:27 AM - Nov 28, 2023
Jacqueline
A
That is a huge deal when you run up a million dollar tab in one year, as my husband did. Our premiums aren’t cheap, but I can’t imagine what they could be without the ACA.
11:08 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Jacqueline.
BC/BS used to have a 1 mil lifetime cap and then I think 2 mil, and I used to think, one major medical incident and you're doomed.
11:13 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Jacqueline.
Sadly, b4 ACA you would be dropped from insurance at 1st open enrollment & then be uninsurable at literally *any* price. Only option would then be to get on the wait list for your state's very expensive high risk pool insurance & potentially spend years waiting, uninsured. It was BARBARIC before ACA
07:37 PM - Nov 28, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
Keeps kids on their parents insurance until they are 26. This is particularly important as young adults may not get jobs with good benefits right away
11:01 PM - Nov 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}