Christopher Bouzy
A
It takes time for people to migrate to other platforms, even when they are as toxic as Twitter.
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
Like, at this point all our friends still solely on X are not coming here or to Threads or Post or wherever. Obviously what Musk says and what he's done to that platform doesn't really bother them.
11:10 AM - Nov 29, 2023
11:23 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Kathy Dunn
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I tried Mastodon, didn't like it. Have been slowly getting acquainted here. I love the lack of hate speech and ads. Will continue to build a home here
03:37 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Fiona Bski
A
it's a hard habit to break
it's an addiction and we know they make it that way on purpose
03:07 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
Unfortunately, there are people I like who only post on certain platforms. So I'm stuck with crossposting on Xitter, Post.News, Mastodon, and even TruthSocial.

OK, yes, trolling the MAGA cult on Trump's vanity site is more fun than I should admit. But other than that, it's work.
12:59 PM - Nov 29, 2023
ffranny
A
In response to Nathan Standing.
Ooh, that does sound like fun. Right now I'm debating some dude on Twitter about whether I'm a commie for thinking there shouldn't be religious displays on public property.
01:03 PM - Nov 29, 2023
ALIS ITLATOL
A
self-observation - has taken me mos to responsibly choose to stop trauma triggering myself by participating in toxic social media that is maintaining systemic thought forms of oppression.

TY 4 this evolutionary liberating safe-space.

is there a monthly donors "investor" pay plan? link plz
12:21 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Meg Smythe
A
Agreed. I’m still on Xitter but am beginning to spend more time here than there. Soon, I’ll only be here. I’m grateful to @cbouzy for this labor of love and patience.
12:01 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Nancy C
A
I think I finally figured out why I haven’t been able to delete my X account. Now I just need to figure out how to delete my content. I think. I’ll think about that tomorrow.
11:55 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Blake Couch
A
Just over a year ago I was on the verge of quitting Twitter. I had pulled my archive, I was ready to go, but somehow I stayed there, until November 15, 2023. That was the last straw. But it’s difficult to walk away from a group of friends.
11:54 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
And I know there are things people enjoy most there – be it celebrities to follow or people posting about niche topics – that just aren't on other platforms yet. But they easily could be if some portion of those who complain about Musk & X decided to act on their complaints and change sites.
11:43 AM - Nov 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}