Christopher Bouzy
A
I watched this segment on MSNBC about Meta and Mark Zuckerberg, and it baffles me that people think Threads is a better or safer alternative to Twitter.
08:00 AM - Nov 29, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
1/ I doubt Threads will ever be a winner as a useable social media platform. @cbouzy is well positioned with Spoutible and how he's going about it. Here's why. He has taken no VC funding and has no P&L pressures that exist in an established company (like Meta). That's huge. I've worked
02:08 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
2/ in VC funded startups. You're asked daily when you'll start making money and when you'll be in the black. You feel it. In established companies it's really little different. A social media platform under such pressures looks for monetization and how to drive engagement. The fastest way to drive
02:09 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
3/ engagement is to allow trolls and get your users to engage with them. Negative engagement pays the bills. It was present on twitter before Elmo took over. @cbouzy doesn't have that pressure. He's able to build this platform as a place you want to be, not a monetization driver. The two will be
02:11 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
4/ mutually exclusive in the end. That doesn't mean Spoutible is a charity that gives us a nice platform. I like the investor move. I like the talk of a subscription model. I already give $5 per month ongoing because I want this to be a subscription model as much as possible. Let me pay for the
02:13 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
5/ positive environment. Don't drive rage so I engage and then monetize my data. It's so worth it and I hope others see that as well.

I wanted to give some perspective on what the lack of monetization pressure does when trying to build a platform. I think Spoutible is on the right track.
02:14 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
addendum/ When I said @cbouzy and team have no P&L pressures like an established company, that was a bit of oversimplification. OF COURSE he has P&L pressure. It's just that he and the leadership team can decide on a more relaxed timeframe.
02:41 PM - Nov 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}