Barbara Seiders
A
So, my doc and I are agreed - the autoimmune condition that's been in remission for five years is creeping back. Boo. Thank goodness for prednisone to help turn back the aches and pains and other symptoms until we can get a dose of immunosuppressant on board.
02:39 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Barbara Seiders.
Sorry- so difficult after 5 years of remission. Best wishes to you and keep taking good care of yourself.
02:42 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Barbara Seiders
A
In response Evolve Undefined to their Spout
Thank you! Yes, I was hoping maybe we had knocked it out altogether with previous rounds of immunosuppressant, but no. It's not too surprising, about 50% of patients relapse, so I'm in good company!
02:49 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Barbara Seiders
A
Also, I am so grateful for the smart folks at Genentech for developing rituxan which is so marvelously effective at treating this weird, rare condition. And for their cost sharing program that helps guarantee I'll have access to it. Lots to be grateful for in this season!
02:41 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Barbara Reid
A
Rituxan and other monoclonal antibody drugs are so useful. Glad you have access and a cost-sharing program!
02:49 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Jeannie (she/her)
A
Sending you hugs! I hope you're able to get some relief. 💙
02:40 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Barbara Seiders
A
In response to Jeannie (she/her).
Thank you, I take all hugs! Back at you in gratitude! This condition is subtle - it hasn't been easy trying to figure out if this actually is a relapse, but the steroids help knock down the symptoms really well and the immunosuppressant is great at stopping it, once we can get it scheduled.
02:46 PM - Nov 30, 2023