Edmund
A
thread 1/6
Revised: As I reflect on my 53 years, I feel called to focus on relationships that uplift our mutual personal growth. The past two years have taught me I thrive best when surrounded by ethical, open-hearted friends who stand firmly on the side of my becoming fully who I was created to be.
04:02 AM - Dec 01, 2023 (Edited)
Edmund
A
thread 2/6
Relationships are built on mutual effort.
My choice to retreat from social media stemmed not from judgment, but self-preservation. The tragic death of my father in 2017 nearly broke my spirit.
04:02 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Edmund
A
thread 3/6
As I slowly healed, I filed a federal lawsuit against the VA fighting for the rights of disabled veterans and the elderly, with the diligent support of my sister Adrilla reviewing medical records, my Aunt DD’s emotional strength, and Shirley’s aid with paperwork.
Edmund
A
thread 4/6
Though demanding, it gave me purpose during great personal pain.
Soon after, the pandemic shook all our worlds. During such enduring storms, I realized some relationships drained me more than they nourished.
Edmund
A
thread 5/6
I chose isolation as a temporary shelter on the way towards renewed connections with those who meet me with care and support.
Age, background, and status matter less than the care and belief we choose to extend one another.
Edmund
A
thread 6/6
Though life may temporarily pull our boats apart on its currents, I know powerful connections can be rebuilt if both souls wholeheartedly say: let us travel forward together.
I launch this message in a bottle, corked with hope, into the open sea...

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}