Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
Story-telling is a vital part of the human experience, which is why it's so distressing for me when popular, successful directors* reduce storytelling to punching, shooting, running, things exploding, and everyone competing to display the most amount of grim determination.

* cough zack snyder cough
The magical science of storytelling | David JP Phillips | TEDxStockholm - YouTube

Why is Storytelling so powerful? And how do we use it to our advantage? Presentations expert David JP Phillips shares key neurological findings on storytelli...

06:27 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Tim B
A
Variety is the spice of life.

Sometimes I want to think.

Sometimes I want to feel.

Sometimes I just want to sit back and watch the pretty special effects.

None of these is wrong.
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
06:56 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
In response to Tim B.
Totally get that, my beef really is the opportunity cost of handing someone like Snyder the DCEU IP, instead of getting Superman (et al) films that understand the characters and the lore, we got a bunch of bro-tastic splosionfests from someone who didn't care that he didn't get it.
07:19 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Tim B
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
Yep, I get that. Batman vs Superman was a travesty spared from further condemnation only by being so forgettable that I don't remember anything other than it having "characters" driven by plot rather than character.

The Snyder cut of Justice League wasn't bad, though.
07:31 AM - Dec 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}