Unapologetically Beth
A
Since COVID-19 is still killing more people in NJ than the Flu, I'm reupping this thread.

Get the new vaccine!
Test before visiting!
Wear a good mask!
Unapologetically Beth @bostrawski
If you're not masking the LEAST you can do is test/get tested for COVID-19 if you are having cold or flu symptoms.

The ABSOLUTE LEAST.

There are a lot of "it's just a cold/allergies" people giving COVID to people like me. 😷

Don't be a selfish prick.
AND...
STAY THE FUCK HOME IF YOU ARE SICK!
11:02 AM - Sep 06, 2023
08:03 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Abigail Dubiniecki
A
In response to Unapologetically Beth.
I thought I had a minor head cold but tested and it was covid. The line was light but definitely there plus others I’d been in contact said they had it.

So I isolated and no one in my house got it.

I ad gotten that latest vaxx but only a few days b4 infections so not enough to get full boost.
01:59 PM - Dec 01, 2023
Unapologetically Beth
A
In response to Abigail Dubiniecki.
The vax is good for keeping you out of the hospital, it doesn’t keep you from getting infected. Same goes for Flu and others.
02:32 PM - Dec 01, 2023
Nora Charles
A
I hope you were able to learn a thing or two about how to appropriately get your message across with more finesse from the mansplaining white dude. 🙄
12:00 PM - Dec 01, 2023
Unapologetically Beth
A
In response to Nora Charles.
🤣
07:30 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
My fav masks are Powecom KN95. Bona Fide Masks has them on sale (25% off) until Dec. 4. The promo code is THANKS25.

I just ordered 20 masks for $15.46. 😁
11:45 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Hilary Markow
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
Thanks, I just ordered some. I’ve been masking everywhere I go with no plans to stop.
03:29 PM - Dec 01, 2023
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
These are good but not perfect. Check the fit to make sure there are no gaps. My son was wearing a PowerCom when he caught Covid. It was in an unventilated room for less than 20 minutes so the viral load must have been really high in the room. In the future, we'll be wearing 3M Auroras.
09:11 PM - Dec 01, 2023
Lee Dawnwalker Baron
A
I got COVID and flu shots Tuesday and RSV one last month. (Both arms hurting!) For the last few years I've been carrying and using a non-toxic, fragrance free hand sanitizer. Last year was hospitalized with bacterial pneumonia--not COVID, but bad enough! I'm masking up again indoors.
10:43 AM - Dec 01, 2023 (Edited)
HealingJourney
A
The pneumonia plauging mostly pediatrics is now here in ohio as well.
09:35 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Ramona Hillier-O'Hara
B
🎯🎯🎯
08:40 AM - Dec 01, 2023
girllyfan is Ms Justice
A
Thank you. 😷 up people. I went for a procedure at a hospital, and many UNMASKED people are visiting patients in the big petri dish. Hospitals are loaded with patients wit Covid and other viruses. 🦠
08:33 AM - Dec 01, 2023
girllyfan is Ms Justice
A
In response to girllyfan is Ms Justice.
*with
10:26 AM - Dec 01, 2023
BTSdaily7 (sporadic;)
A
Been masking in public and washing hands since it began, and haven’t had Covid, flu, cold, or even usual allergies. Which also means I haven’t spread anything. (Thought I might have had it a few months ago, but other bloodwork said low iron, so fixed that in a jiffy!) It’s rly not difficult, folks!
08:28 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Klobby L
A
In response to BTSdaily7 (sporadic;).
i just ordered 8 tests!
02:52 PM - Dec 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
I do appreciate the reminder. And still I have enough self-awareness and information to understand that--in large part due to my #CPTSD , but not only that--my unconscious is constantly at work 'over-securing' against manipulations and other 'dangers'. Sharing information is challenging all around.
08:23 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
The intended message is obviously sound. The effect of the wording--telling, exclamations, scolds, personal framing--are a 'push' that most likely would (if received) result in defensiveness, self-justification, and other unconscious rationalizing in the brains of the intended target audience.
08:16 AM - Dec 01, 2023 (Edited)
Cnealaz
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
08:15 AM - Dec 02, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
And this post is basically everything you are complaining about. Scolding, condescending, whole 9
10:46 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
Got my Spikevax (Moderna) September 18. I always mask in stores, but not with friends or the occasional restaurant. Always test before visiting our friend's 94 year old mom!
08:06 AM - Dec 01, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}