Danalibrariana
A
thread 1/6
This morning’s adventure was setting up outside holiday decorations including an inflatable polar bear we’ve had a few years. Upon inflating it, we discovered it had a tear in a seam. We like to fix things when we can so I decided to stitch it.
06:19 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Danalibrariana
A
thread 2/6
We discovered that keeping the air pressure at a certain level made it easier to stitch so my husband’s job was to turn the air on and off as I stitched. He was also handing me things I needed.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 3/6
After a few minutes, we both started treating it like a surgery. I’d say with urgency, “pressure is dropping - more oxygen Dr. Bob!” when the bear needed more inflation. Bob would repeat “oxygen” and turn on the air. I’d say “suture” if I needed more thread and he’d repeat it and hand it to me.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 4/6
It took about 1/2 hour to complete the stitching. At one point he was getting impatient and I said, “Dammit Bob, I’m a librarian not a miracle worker,” at which point we both got the giggles.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 5/6
After we repaired the bear successfully we high fived and congratulated each other - “Thank you for your assistance, Dr Bob.” “I expect the patient will make a full recovery, Dr. Dana.” It was then I noticed our neighbors and their dog trainer peering at us over their wall.
06:19 PM - Dec 02, 2023 (Edited)
Danalibrariana
A
thread 6/6
It was hard to tell from their expressions if they were amused or concerned. I waved, smiled and assured them the life saving surgery was successful. At least they have an interesting story to tell about us since we’re the newest folks in the neighborhood. 😂🎄
Changing Plumbob
A
In response to Danalibrariana.
What an adventure. So glad the two on call doctors were able to patch up the bear for the holiday season 🥳
06:24 PM - Dec 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}