Danalibrariana
A
thread 1/6
This morning鈥檚 adventure was setting up outside holiday decorations including an inflatable polar bear we鈥檝e had a few years. Upon inflating it, we discovered it had a tear in a seam. We like to fix things when we can so I decided to stitch it.
06:19 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Danalibrariana
A
thread 2/6
We discovered that keeping the air pressure at a certain level made it easier to stitch so my husband鈥檚 job was to turn the air on and off as I stitched. He was also handing me things I needed.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 3/6
After a few minutes, we both started treating it like a surgery. I鈥檇 say with urgency, 鈥減ressure is dropping - more oxygen Dr. Bob!鈥 when the bear needed more inflation. Bob would repeat 鈥渙xygen鈥 and turn on the air. I鈥檇 say 鈥渟uture鈥 if I needed more thread and he鈥檇 repeat it and hand it to me.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 4/6
It took about 1/2 hour to complete the stitching. At one point he was getting impatient and I said, 鈥淒ammit Bob, I鈥檓 a librarian not a miracle worker,鈥 at which point we both got the giggles.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 5/6
After we repaired the bear successfully we high fived and congratulated each other - 鈥淭hank you for your assistance, Dr Bob.鈥 鈥淚 expect the patient will make a full recovery, Dr. Dana.鈥 It was then I noticed our neighbors and their dog trainer peering at us over their wall.
06:19 PM - Dec 02, 2023 (Edited)
Danalibrariana
A
thread 6/6
It was hard to tell from their expressions if they were amused or concerned. I waved, smiled and assured them the life saving surgery was successful. At least they have an interesting story to tell about us since we鈥檙e the newest folks in the neighborhood. 馃槀馃巹
Changing Plumbob
A
What an adventure. So glad the two on call doctors were able to patch up the bear for the holiday season 馃コ
In response to Danalibrariana.
06:24 PM - Dec 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}